You are not logged in. Please register or login.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Dont Try Me wrote:

I highly doubt that. If I were an artist I wouldn't leak my own stuff myself....let alone in such quality as the skips are.

BLS-Pride wrote:

GNR wouldn't leak songs with Instant Message sounds during them. It's some flame job with nothing better too do than fuck with GNR fans.

you could be in for a huge surprise....im not saying gnr is leaking it 100% guaranteed, or someone close to gnr, but i know a thing or two about the pirate scene, and this is not the way things are done.

if someone has it, it leaks in highest quality, period 22

now think of this people....suppose gnr is leaking it...would they leak the real finished versions? or versions with old vocals and stuff? as we have heard the vocals are identical to the previous leaks...and then listen to citr...the old leak sounds better produced than this latest mess of a mix.

again, im not saying this is the way it is...but this whole thing is strange and it has not happened this way before in the scene bucket

i should add this. if it is a pirate then it is a form of payback to gnr fans...why? well, a person called skewrl was being called names, wished to death and rape, that he should rot in jail, called a terrorist by the vast majority of the gnr community for leaking songs they all downloaded and listened to.....i can tell you, gnr community was not popular around that time.

in fact if you noticed, suddenly all gnr albums, dvds, bootlegs in highest quality were available on internet....i mean a new batch of them.

and now those same ignoramuses who attacked skewrl are begging for new leaks and if its not leaked properly then the pirate scene are the bad guys...the irony 10

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the 'turning on Cogill' had more to do with the douche bag went around like he was an internet hero, and bragging about it. It was annoying. When he got caught, we all kind of felt - "suck eggs pal".

As for the leaks. This is someone who is purposely getting revenge on fans. It's someone from the GN'R camp. Only a complete loser, who hates GN'R, would follow all of this bullshit, JUST to get back at fans.

Whoever is doing this, knows the score, and deep down, I always expected some sort of 'revenge' from GN'R for the leaks. Either way, it doesn't matter, i'll be buying the album in a couple weeks, and i'll smile afterwards. I've waited for this day for a long time.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Axlin08 wrote:

I think the 'turning on Cogill' had more to do with the douche bag went around like he was an internet hero, and bragging about it. It was annoying. When he got caught, we all kind of felt - "suck eggs pal".

you calling him a douchebag proved my point wink

the gnr community are the ones acting like jerks... he never bragged like the gnr community lied (started by the jarmo type propaganda machines),  he just said im a huge gnr fan, here are the leaks, download it from my site, so he got interviewed and he just told how it happened....i dont see how you can say he should rot in jail and shot dead because hes terrorist now? while listening to the leaks even....:haha:

besides, i have seen more bragging by nobodys on gnr forums about BS than any leaker ever has done. again, and they are the same ones sending mass pms to everyone begging for leaks. i had about 90 pms so far, most are from htgth and mygnr members (their nicknames show)..the same guys who are allegedly against leaks and leakers on those forums.

gnr community is filled with hypocrites and it is amusing to see actually 19

daviebuckethead
 Rep: 1 

my guess is thats its MSL thats leaking this crap. (although im sort of grateful but annoyed that he wont leak fully).

The leaker (MSL???) is either scared of being tracked and damaging a close contact or loves to see us do this merry dance

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

you calling him a douchebag proved my point wink

the gnr community are the ones acting like jerks... he never bragged like the gnr community lied (started by the jarmo type propaganda machines),  he just said im a huge gnr fan, here are the leaks, download it from my site, so he got interviewed and he just told how it happened....i dont see how you can say he should rot in jail and shot dead because hes terrorist now? while listening to the leaks even....:haha:

besides, i have seen more bragging by nobodys on gnr forums about BS than any leaker ever has done. again, and they are the same ones sending mass pms to everyone begging for leaks. i had about 90 pms so far, most are from htgth and mygnr members (their nicknames show)..the same guys who are allegedly against leaks and leakers on those forums.

gnr community is filled with hypocrites and it is amusing to see actually 19

No it's not hypocritcal at all. If I had been the one to get possession of those leaks, they would've NEVER seen the light of day, I would've never even thought about uping it.

That's where I think it's okay to say the guy got whatever it coming to him. He uploaded them for GLORY, not because he's a cool guy. His fate, and whether he's a douche bag, doesn't concern what WE did. It concerns what HE did. If he had stayed low and downplayed it like an MSL, I would've defended him 'til my throat was sore, and how uncool it was for this to happen.

My opinions on him are based solely on his attitude post-leak. He wanted attention. Now he's got it, from Flowers By Irene.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

chicken dinner does have a valid point about certain sections of the fan base. Some go around bitching about leaks, the leakers, say they're not downloading anything, blah blah blah. Then leaks happen, they get censored at the site they normally post at, come here asking for songs, then run back to their site with their anti leak stance.

People who are so vocally anti leak are usually the first people to download the leaks. Just like how the people saying they're buying 10 copies of Chinese Democracy most likely will buy zero copies and just grab it from a torrent. They overcompensate by bragging to the extreme which is the opposite of what they do in reality.

Reminds me of the Angel Down fiasco when nutswingers were buying 5 copies each and the album flopped out of the gates, which showed they didn't buy any copies.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Eh, you've got a point there. I didn't see it that way.

I have believed for a long time the people that claim they are buying several copies of CD, will be the ones to download it from the 'net, and probably are the same 'diehard Gunners', who are such fans, but in fact have illegally downloaded and burned all of their records.

I've bought all the albums (over again too), concert tickets, heavy amounts of cash spent on merchandise... I think i've earned my right to a few 'freebie' demos.

I will be buying CD of course like the true fan also.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Several copies is believable. Especially those who are buying it on CD and LP. Also, if any import edition comes out people might buy that. Its when people start spewing the "I'm buying 10-15 copies on release day" that they're talking out of their ass. No one walks into a store and buys 15 copies of the same album. Even Bill Gates wouldn't do that, yet some teenager online is?

GNR fan: Mom, I need gas money to get to school. Can I also have some money for lunch?

Mom: Sure.

GNR fan: I also need $150 extra so I can run to Best Buy on the way home and buy 15 copies of Chinese Democracy.

Please. This guy's going to Pirate Bay or Limewire after school.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I understand people want it to do well, but what i've never understood is WHY?

Are you that paranoid that it won't sell? GN'R is not Sebastian Bach solo. The Guns N' Roses brand name alone, guarantees platinum, if not double-platinum imo.

I was originally planning on three copies. One 'official', one to 'keep in the wrapping', and one for my vehicle.

But with times being tough, it's probably just going to be one copy, i'll burn what I need for spares in a vehicle, and just sit back and wait and see if Azoff gets Axl to do something with CD, like The Eagles did with Long Road, where they re-release it a few months later, with an additional CD of material.

We will see where it goes. Something tells me CD will see varying releases, ala Contraband with VR. People need to sit back and wait imo, before they run out and buy 16 copies of an album, that might get some bonus goodies in a re-release by Christmas time... in theory.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Several copies is believable. Especially those who are buying it on CD and LP. Also, if any import edition comes out people might buy that. Its when people start spewing the "I'm buying 10-15 copies on release day" that they're talking out of their ass. No one walks into a store and buys 15 copies of the same album. Even Bill Gates wouldn't do that, yet some teenager online is?

GNR fan: Mom, I need gas money to get to school. Can I also have some money for lunch?

Mom: Sure.

GNR fan: I also need $150 extra so I can run to Best Buy on the way home and buy 15 copies of Chinese Democracy.

Please. This guy's going to Pirate Bay or Limewire after school.

This is true with me. im going to download it launch day. only instead of downloading it and doing nothing more. im going to order it off the internet. the closest bestbuy to me is about 2 hours away.

Board footer