You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Mark Wahlberg set to play Max Payne

Tommie wrote:

finally this movie is being talked about seriously!

Mark Wahlberg to undergo "Payne"

By Borys Kit Fri Nov 9, 1:19 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Mark Wahlberg is in negotiations to star in "Max Payne," Fox's adaptation of the hit video game.
ADVERTISEMENT

The story centers on a DEA agent named Max Payne who is framed for the murder of a fellow agent and finds himself in the middle of a mob war, which gives him a chance to avenge the Mafia slayings of his wife and child.

John Moore ("Flight of the Phoenix") is directing.

Wahlberg, currently shooting Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones," was most recently in theaters with the crime drama "We Own the Night."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Max Payne is one of my all time favorite game franchises. Only fault was it was too easy. You could pass both games in a couple hours.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Yeah I remember that game, I still have it. I haven't played it forever though and I still haven't played part II. That's cool to hear that they're going to be serious about this movie.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Definitely play part II. Its fucking great, but like the first one, is just too easy.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

When are we going to get to the point where everything has had a movie adaptation and they have to start coming up with some original ideas?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I would usually agree with you.  But, if done right, this could be a must see movie.  If they stick true to the storyline, and make it feel like an old school noir film it could be great.

Board footer