You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Felix Da Housecat
 Rep: 0 

Re: Moved due to album details revealed.

*sigh*

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
war wrote:

traci guns

I'm about tempted to give you a negative karma for saying that 13

oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

I take no issue with the possibility of any mods receiving "just rewards" for the effort they have exerted.  These boards helped to galvanized the community in periods of darkness when we had no idea if/when anything was to come.  If certain individuals were acknowledged for their efforts, I think it's an altruistic gesture on GNR's part, although if certain folks benefited, every admin across the board (literally) or boards, in this case, should've shared in the spoils.

That being said, I don't feel that the lock down of the majority of the community is commensurate  with the token they may or may not have obtained.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I wonder who the mysterious contributor is? Paul? Izzy?

Mr. Dizzy Reed.

Seriously.

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:

At this time, this is the only discussion board that allows fully free discussion. I just defected from mygnr after years of being there due to so many thread deletions leading to total lock-down of entire subjects, and don't get me started on HTGTH(!)

I am so happy to have found this spot and while I might not have been as strongly worded as the above post towards this guy, I can't really find myself feeling bad either. If you can't even discuss information on your site yet you have exclusive details yourself and you're happy to distribute that on another site....

Well, can't you see that you've just enjoyed the freedom here that you deny in your own board? No thanks, the only thing I would like to see banned here is admins from other sites, -bye bye now-

LIVE FREE
 Rep: 4 

LIVE FREE wrote:

@James:
You couldn't have misconstrued my posts more. James my jokes about MIA were exactly that, jokes made in jest. Nothing malicious, I just find it consistently funny. I actually enjoy her music myself, so hopefully you didn't take it that way. I like you and the fact that you remain quite objective to the material. No "Rose colored glasses" from you, no sir.

@Neemo:
It had nothing to do with damage control it had to do with shutting down bashing/whatever that was going on in your thread "the leaks thread" comparing CD to HTGTH, etc. I've told people on "my" forum why we're doing things the way they are. I have no problem explaining why, but not only was I going to share stuff, but I felt like I was killing 2 birds with one stone.....

And take for example a movie, say they make a sequel to The Dark Knight, lets call that "Batman 3". What if someone had the complete fortune to see an early screening of the movie? Then he went to a Batman forum and said "hey guys....Batman 3 is awesome....that really cool think that you were curious about....ITS IN THERE!!". Most likely that person would get some "oh that is so lucky" or "really cool....can you tell me more?".

I don't see how that is in any way hypocrisy. I didn't lord my information over people or anything like that. Merely sharing information about things that were already being actively discussed in the thread (Tommy, Bucket, etc.). See I could have done something really pretentious over on "my" forum like "LOOK! CD.com EXCLUSIVE!!!", but I chose to share this stuff with you guys: person to person.

I have no problem with people illegally downloading the album, I hope that they will buy it, but I have no problems. I just don't think that listening to versions with clicks in them is a sufficient way to hear them, hence us shutting that down. It's like if The Dark Knight came out and people only saw a Cam Recording from someone in the movie theatre, them smacking popcorn mixed in with the muddled 2.0 audio. It's no a sufficient way to hear them. If our members want to discuss the songs when proper versions come out, whether that is illegally or not, then they're more than welcome.

Once again, not "damage control" as you somewhat angrily point out, but clearing the air.

-L!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

who are we to tell anybody what they can and cant talk about...like me for instance. i'm not downloading the current leaks and i'm an admin here....but can the members of this forum talk about them? sure....i'm not so pretentious t hat i'm gonna shut down a discussion because i think peopel should or shoudlnt be doing somethign or talking about it

i didnt angrily point out anything...i'm jsut saying that if you wanna talk to people on YOUR forum go to YOUR forum to do it here....gnrevolution is not the place to come and post about cd.com policies...i dont go to CD.com and tell people about what we like to do on this forum.

sure people are a bit angry at being censored, its understandible, we do our best to allow people to talk about what they want to, and usually we get a new member venting and thats ok they get over it soon enough and start posting normally...but we do not allow open slandering of other sites or admins or members not on this forum...

in short we will allow all discussions of everything gnr....as much as you would like to think it...cd.com isnt GnR news....if you wanna adress members of cd.com you can address them at cd.com

i have no problem with you, hell i know nothing about you other than you being a mod over there...but this is gnrevolution turf...youdo things our way here...if i ever post at your site you can do what you like to my membership or posts there...thanks :*

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
LIVE FREE wrote:

See I could have done something really pretentious over on "my" forum like "LOOK! CD.com EXCLUSIVE!!!", but I chose to share this stuff with you guys: person to person.

also, it doesnt matter what you post....or where you post it...gnr fans are crazy we'll know about it in minutes anyway 16

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:

Yea, Live- you do seem nice enough but it's just aggravating to posters on forums when discussions are moderated to the point of deleting content selectively. If I want to talk about leaks I can do that here, this shows that this site is more in line with my stance on the freedom we should have in discussions areas.

But- that's my opinion and I am not going to any other sites and being an ass, I've just decided to no longer participate at some places and to now make this my home; I know others feel the same way but live and let live I guess.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer