You are not logged in. Please register or login.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Thank you. I don't know what to say. This whole thing is really real. The artwork it pretty cool. I love being able to read the words to the songs I've been listening to for so long. I have a newfound love for Street of Dreams. And soon I'll be HOLDING this in my hands. Man, its still all surreal....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

The liner notes are cool.  I'm really happy we're getting the lyrics.  Only thing I'm disappointed in is it doesn't really tell us who is in this band right now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl is in the band right now.  Nobody else is of any concequence whatsoever.

Beck
 Rep: 0 

Beck wrote:

I'd really appreciate somebody sending me a link to this.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

The liner notes are cool.  I'm really happy we're getting the lyrics.  Only thing I'm disappointed in is it doesn't really tell us who is in this band right now.

They couldn't find any extra room on the liner notes for this, plus it would've looked weird.

The band:

Vocals/Frontman - W. Axl Rose
Guitars - Slash, Bumblefoot
Rhythm Guitar - Izzy Stradlin
Bass - Duff McKagen
Drums - Matt Sorum
Keys - Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman

But seriously, that's a great point.

Anyone else find that ironic? Almost every band's liner notes, does the 'band roster' basically. This doesn't do that at all. Quite strange.

This whole thing is just bizarre. I guess continuing the expect the unexpected with this band, even when the unexpected doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Anyone got a link i could check out?

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Does it just irk anyone else that in the first 4 songs, 2 of them contain wrong or incomplete lyrics.  CD doesn't have any of the last verse, and Street Of Dreams is broken in the last actual verse.  It wouldn't even work with the music.  16 

Plus "Has i thought was true before" makes no sense whatsoever.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

And one last thing, i would like to say that Rex and I were right all along.  In Catcher in the Rye, the lyrics is "Won't let you get away from HIM" not "HIS GUN"!   16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Some people think it's a fake. Personally I feel if that's true, it is the greatest fake i've ever seen in my life. It is very well done for a fake, as far as the 'professional look of it'.

I think the typos are real typos. This thing smacks of being 'thrown together'.

P.S.

The member 'war' - if you're reading this - your PM box is full. Can't help you 'til it gets emptied.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

fuck sake you people, 'thrown together' is the most repeated rhetoric in this thread, you're like politicians, its clearly a draft, you actually think they'll let it be published with grammatical and lyrical errors? and how the fuck does it seem thrown together? its a booklet, a booklet similiar to that of any other CD; liners notes, artwork(nice artwork tbh), lyrics and thank yous.  but everyone's up in arms
"oh shit this thing is just despicable i cannot believe the band would once again do this to the fans, they should have had davinci paint something for the book, i want a 5 page short story on each song written by tolkien! what he's dead!?!? DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE IF HES DEAD?!?! AXL I HATE YOU WHAT A SHITTY BOOKLET"

Board footer