You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 2008 Election results thread

So what, I'm supposed to feel guilty cause I'm 26, single and make 80k a year?  I earned every cent I get.  Now I'm one hell of a generous son of a bitch and will help anyone i know in a time of need, but forcing me to give my income to others is bullshit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

MSN just called Michigan for Obama and McCain is actually winning there.

Fuck this election.

Randall Flagg

removed, could be interpreted the wrong way

James

James wrote:

Obama has 174 electoral votes, some of which are in states he's actually losing.

He's president. They shouldn't even bother acting like they're gonna count any of these votes.

The loser in today's election is democracy.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

You guys gotta learn to trust statistics and polling. It's not like they're calling a state with 3 votes turned in because it's 2-1, it's because of accurate exit polling. I know we've been fucked over by premature numbers before, but we will continually improve at gaging public opinion and polling, and even if they did call it wrong at first - not like they can't fix it later. The media calling states early doesn't mean those states can't turn out different and be changed.

If you don't like it, go to bed. The finals will be in when you wake up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This happened in 2004, were you bitching then?

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

"The Media has won"

The attitude of disenfranchised Republicans in this thread is absolutely sickening. Glad to know Flagg you have so much faith in our country, that 'soup lines' are expected when Obama takes office. Trust me, it wouldn't have been any different with McCain - if that's America's future is another depression.

Myself, this is coming from a man who was a registered Republican, voted Bush in 2004, voted Republican down the line in 2004, voted for Republican Charlie Crist (a McCain supporter) for governor, voted half-Republican on my entire ballot today.

I just happened to vote Obama for president.

To assume one votes for Barack Obama because the MEDIA TELLS THEM TO, is an astonishingly ignorant statement, considering the fact that the media didn't brainwash me to vote Kerry in 2004. I voted Bush, proudly. And i'd vote Bush again if he was running for a 3rd time.

Still doesn't mean I don't like Obama, or MSNBC convinced me to do it.

"The Media has won"... more like "go to sleep, rub your sore butts tomorrow, Obama is president".

The only person that the media has brainwashed Randall is you. A $500 tax credit is not spreading the wealth. I'm flat broke, and $500 ain't shit.

Hope you are as happy with your decision a year from now as you are now.  It isn't my butt I'll be rubbing, it's my wallet.  I'm not rich either and I work hard for what I have.  Handing more cash out to bums (again NOT people who work and need it or those who cannot work but the leaches of society) isn't helping any working person's situation. 

The media most certainly effected the vote.  If you believe otherwise so be it.  Again, I TRULY hope things will be good for all of us.  If you think putting Obama in and having control of the House and Senate was a good idea then you have your wish.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This happened in 2004, were you bitching then?

Yes I was. My bitching is worse now because the results are being mishandled even more. Three votes wins Maine? McCain leading in Michigan by 10 thousand votes but Obama already won?

Bullshit.

CC, there is no exit poll in the universe reliable enough to make a projection with 3 votes tallied.

Randall Flagg

The next few years are going to be quite interesting.   Let's see how much change really occurs.

Randall Flagg

at least we finally got chinese democracy.  I can live with that

Board footer