You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: On the Eve of Democracy, Where's Axl?

Axlin16 wrote:

Azoff was brought in for the reunion. I've been saying this for months.

It's no coincidence this dude is the reunion king, new GN'R is deader than hell, CD is just being 'dropped', and VR hasn't got a lead singer, and REGARDLESS of what Slash & Duff say - they ain't trying to find one. Oh it's for their solo albums and... bullshit.

Yeah yeah, here comes the big collective yawn, the irritation, blah blah blah... well truth is my bitch. Remember who told 'ya so...

The silence now is either A) just plain stupid (no way with a band like GN'R & a guy like Azoff, or B) the decoy for something else.

Seriously folks, it's getting more and more obvious by the day. People don't want to say it because they don't want to jinx it. Axl going hermit again, really don't mean shit at all. The dude NEVER STOPPED being one since 1993.

No one associated with the new BAND, knows what the fuck is going on, and half the band is off doing other things. Two weeks away from the album's release.

This whole thing stinks. Has since the announcement. Nothing has added up, and yes I know, NEITHER does my opinion. It all don't make a lick of fuckin' sense.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

I too get the impression that the album is coming out just to please the label.   As stated before, Axl and the others are payed for the rest of there lives. Unless Axl and the rest of the old guys are real money grubbin assholes, I doubt we'll even see a re-union

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Axl doesn't give a fuck about a reunion

If his motivation was money, he would have done a reunion or released 4 albums since the breakup by now

He is rich, and his legend is intact, and he never has to work again.  His pride and principles will never allow a reunion to happen.  Even though Slash and Duff have all but begged for one in their interviews, the public and press would view a reunion as Axl crawling back to them.  He would rather vanish into the night than go out being viewed that way

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I would also be willing to suggest that he is not as rich as people think.  He has been funding the cost of CD himself for quite sometime - Sic you can probably tell us from exactly when.  He also seems to have a lot of people on the payroll and still needs to maintain some sort of lifestyle.

Why else would he have done a couple of the more recent tours when he had no intention of releasing the album.  Answer - cashflow.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I just thought of 10 things I could type in here, started on the first and cleared the reply box.

The answer to this is there are a million things Axl's crazy ass could be doing this for and few make a lick of sense. Bottom line is the ball is dropped again, as it always is. The only redeeming factor is if Axl himself is embarrassed of the Chinese Democracy process and just wants it off his head to go on and make a new record in a proper time frame.

To me, Axl's legacy dies more and more every day. He did great things in the rock world for 6 years... need a little more than that, though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i've actually been surprised that there has been as much promotion as we've seen...i've alwasy said that too much $$$ has already been invested and that not much more will be put out until they start recouping costs

but tv spots on Monday Night Football and Toronto Maple Leaf Hockey games are pretty good places to show the limited TV spots..there is the male demographic factor 20-50

I think the only time we are going to see Axl again is when they tour again.   I can't see Axl showing up on a talk show or something about CD.   I am sure he feels the album has already had so much promotion with out him having to say a word, why come out now.   I also think he's laying low because he is a perfectionist and wants to be out of sight past the release because he could be nervous about what the reponse is going to be from the public and doesn't want to deal with it.  Although I've always taken Axl to not give a fuck about what the public says but on the flip side his friends that have talked about him in interviews through the years say he's very sensitive.    Combine sensitive and perfectionist that maybe the album still in his mind isn't ready, he's going to wait to see what happens before he shows himself.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah I'm not really expecting talkshows and stuff. But I want things like a poster at my record store, or an add in the music press. Maybe something like an interview with bumble in guitar magazines....just standard stuff.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It could be that the whole mysterious, rarely seen Axl Rose is just as effective as a marketing tool as giving lots of interviews. It has been quite effective over the years in feeding his legend.

Mabye he just dislikes that side of the business so much that will just not do it. Its not so good however that the people in the band are quite reluctant to answer questions incase they say too much.

Board footer