You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Which is single worthy?

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Scraped, hopefully minus the awful intro.

Also, why can I not see polls? I can't see any where to vote...

If you click on a poll thread from the main index, it takes you to the thread without the actual poll. Gotta come to the poll through the index in each section.

Strange little glitch this format has.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Thanks for the heads up James smile

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Also, Sorry isn't a bad single choice at all, but I hate the way Axl says "but I don't want to do it" after the "you want me to jump and be good"... sounds so weird and forced.

But it's a great single choice also.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I went for Sorry, but I don't think any of them would make a good single. Sorry has some good melodies that would would appeal to a broad audience, Scraped has the ability to repel people as much as it does attract, This I Love is just a bit too dull, a more assertive guitar solo would elevate it.

Sorry is a really nice tune, let down by occasional dodgy lyrics. Still not convinced by the chorus, but it is growing on me.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Can I get a PM of that Scraped?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Also, Sorry isn't a bad single choice at all, but I hate the way Axl says "but I don't want to do it" after the "you want me to jump and be good"... sounds so weird and forced.

But it's a great single choice also.

lol that part is rediculous

Sky Dog wrote:

i think it is kinda funny...

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that too

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Sorry is probably the best song on the whole album, but as a single I'm not sure.  I mean it's definitely hypnotic and gets stuck in your head, but it's 6 minutes long and takes almost 2 minutes to hit the chorus

Scraped would be a rock radio hit for sure, it is simple, heavy, the lyrics are easy to understand, and has the catchiest chorus on the album

This I Love, I refuse to judge based on the unlistenable version I heard, but it seems like it could go over well on top 40, pop radio

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Just a little test i did. Out of all the leaks Better, Scraped, and TWAT got highest marks. And this was with people that don't have much gnr knowledge besides greatest hits and a few random songs off Illusion II

Board footer