You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Which is single worthy?

James wrote:

Gonna have to go with Sorry. While Better is the likely 2nd single since its the closest thing to a 'Vertigo' on this record, I think I would choose Sorry as a 2nd single. Like Better, it does have a small chance for crossover appeal.

Scraped is filler and hopefully never comes close to being a single. If Scraped is ever a single, I would imagine it gets used at the tail end when the album hoopla has completely died down.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I have to say Scraped James. I absolutely love it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Even though Sorry & This I Love are superior, Scraped is the most radio-ready/friendly.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Of those three choices, I'd have to go with Scraped. It's more catchy and radio friendly than the other two. Sorry would be my favorite out of the three, but it's not the kind of thing they play on the modern rock radio stations. And neither is This I Love.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

miss out the intro and , maybe..  the intro is hideous and doesnt do the song any favours
there is no need for it, it adds nothing, its embarrasing as watchin axl at the vmas doin that wttj whine

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

yeah.. scraped is more "modern rock" radio friendly... although sorry is my choice.
most likely "better" though...

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

my vote is for sorry.  i could see it as a 4th single.  i think it would fit in with some of the stuff on mainstream rock radio right now.  it doubt it would be a huge hit, but it would likely get some decent airplay. i love scraped and this i love, but i really can't see either of them as singles.  MAYBE this i love, but i really doubt it.  the only way i see that song getting released as a single is if the record is selling like crazy and they can afford to take a chance.  scraped is just a good rockin album track in my opinion (its actually my favorite of the three as well).

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:
mickronson wrote:

miss out the intro and , maybe..  the intro is hideous and doesnt do the song any favours
there is no need for it, it adds nothing, its embarrasing as watchin axl at the vmas doin that wttj whine

is it bad that i love the intro?  i feel kinda guilty about it. smile

don't get me wrong, i think it is funny and i wouldn't cry if it were taken off of the track.  but i have no problem with it staying on.  to me it is an "axl moment" that if it were anybody else i would hate it.  for some reason, axl can get away with it...in my view at least.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Of those three, Sorry just because its my favourite CD track. Its amazing but I don't think it will be released as a single, or indeed, any of those songs.

In terms of what I think are the likely choices -

I'm gonna guess it would be a ballad - Street of Dreams would be an obvious choice, as its a mainstay of the album like the title track,and hence is important to the band. I think that could be followed by Better.

Personally, I'd like to see Madagascar released as a single - its still one of my favourites and the opening lines sum up the whole album lyrically in a few words, and personally i think it would for a great video.

I hated Shacklers Revenge at first but its grown on me and has such a catchy chorus - but its unlikely considering its already been released on Rock Band 2.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

did he get away with that vma moment ?  if the song were better maybe or if the intro somehow gave something to the song, maybe. it does nothing..doesnt build it up..nothing.
it`ll get laughed at
I can sort of live with the same shenanigans he`s got goin on with Riad.. I dont like when artists fill something out with ooohs or ahhs and such..

Board footer