You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Food Poisoning

Is a bit of a bitch.

I got my breakfast in the local supermarket cafe on Fri morning.  My other half came with me as he wasn't at work so we thought we'd get something to eat before doing the food shop.

Friday afternoon I started feeling a bit iffy, by Friday evening my stomach was cramping so badly I had to go to bed at 4pm.  I was freezing cold and couldn't sleep.  Anyway I hoyed my guts out at about 7pm in the bucket I had fortunately put next to the bed and started to feel slightly better.

My other half started vomiting on Saturday morning.  Fortunately, my son has a cold and is off his food so he didn't eat anything.

All Saturday I felt like I had the world's worst hangover but I'm fine today.  So to cut a long story short, avoid Sainsburys for your cooked breakfasts!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I almost died after eating a whopper at Burger King in 1996. I remember exactly when it happened. It was during the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. I was knocking on death's door. I was even crying. It was the most horrible feeling I've ever had in my life. My mom was even laughing. If I wasn't so weak at that moment, she might not even be alive right now. I lived with her back then. Every now and then, this topic gets brought up in our conversations.

I was on my death bed for weeks. My organs were shutting down. I didn't even piss for like 2 weeks. I was really bad off. I was a dumb ass for not going to the hospital. I just kept praying to god to get me through it, and eventually I started getting better.

I went many years without eating at Burger King.

luckylittlelady

You went many years?  I don't think I'd have gone back at all after that,

I think I had it easy then!

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

You posh little lady, sainsburys lol

joking, i like their products too, although when i was a student, i couldn't give much than tescos apart from one luxury picnic basket at harrods once to sit in hyde with french cheeses and a few delis.

Anyway, i ramble..

So, i do sympathise.

About 3 years ago, i went to the " race of the champions" in paris and i ate hotdogs after going in the pit.

I was sick for a whole week following the event, it was horrible.

" hugs"

LLL that's terrible and what's even worse is when you have a kid you have to take care of and feeling that way because their routines and what you have to do for them you still have to do no matter how you feel.
I'd say that is one of the hardest things about having kids, when you are sick, it sucks to move and not just lay there.  Hopefully you had someone helping you.

I got really, really ill off off eating an Eel roll when I was into sushi.   I used to go all the time and get different rolls, then I tried the eel....baaad move.   I as at the gym later that night and I just knew that my lunch wasn't getting digested and when I would burp, it literally was rotting in my stomach, I kid you not, the smell was making me sick.   This went on for about 24 hours until I hurled.    Needless to say I've never went back to eating sushi.

Some poisoning is really bad.  James yeah you should have went to the hospital, what were you thinking. sad

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Urggh  - I've had food poisoning a few times - only once was it really bad, actually was salmonella, but I did have a dodgy mussel the other week and that had me crying and puking for hours.  something so small can make you so so sick!  I remember crying and apologising to my husband continually as he took out bag after bag of puke... not a good day.  I was so out of it - I didnt remember most of it. He did tho...   sad The salmonella was awful though - luckily didnt get it as full-on as it can be.  James - yours sounded horrendous, that feeling of utter helplessness and body shutdown makes you feel so weak. I get the - "just leave me here, I'll only slow you down" type attitude which is really not a positive way to start feeling better!

Ahh the joys of being married, that's when you see all the down and dirty stuff.  smile

luckylittlelady

the_real_jessica wrote:

You posh little lady, sainsburys lol

Beleive me, I've done my time eating all the 'no frills' 'basics' you name it products!  I ain't going back to that unless I have to! 16

My husband is worse than useless when I'm ill, it's all a huge inconvenience to him and he acts like he can't do anything even though I know he can roll  Don't get me started lol

I've been speaking to other family members and a lady at the playgroup I take my son to and they have been ill over the weekend too.  Looks as if it was a bug rather than something I ate.  Funny my son has been ok though.

I've had something called campylobacter  before that I caught from cow poo.  I worked at a vets and had to  package some samples to send to the pathologists and must have got it on me somehow.  You don't want to know the details 18

luckylittlelady wrote:

I've had something called campylobacter  before that I caught from cow poo.  I worked at a vets and had to  package some samples to send to the pathologists and must have got it on me somehow.  You don't want to know the details 18

Oh dear, that doesn't sound fun at all sad

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

I've been lucky enough to not experience something like that. Although I have had a slight case of alcohol poisioning a few times. That's never any fun.

Board footer