You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Crazy Theory regarding CD and Reunion

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Slash & Duff will agree to anything as long as there's several zeros on a paycheck.

Chris is no big deal. Old GN'R had Teddy Zig Zag back in the day, and Chris is far more a member of GN'R then Teddy.

It all comes down to that 3 guitarists thing. I think Ron stays.

I definently think if Izzy isn't part of the reunion it isn't really a GNR reunion.  That's my opinion. 

I think they should have Brain do drums and kick Matt to the curb.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

If you look at reunions that Azoff has put together in the past, he usually locks up the easier party first, or the party that is looking to reunite.

With Van Halen, he locked up Hagar in 2003, and then the band after that.
And began trying to reunite them with the big bucks that a DLR/VH reunion could bring.

Did he manage Velvet Revolver?

Also, pure speculation here:  Slash, Duff, and Co. will want to negotiate from a position of power to try and regain some sort of control of the situation. 

This is where I see the release of Chinese Democracy actually assisting in the reunion.

I believe the other members did not want to do anything which they felt would assist Axl in bankrolling this project and that's why the reunion has been delayed.

Once the album hits, and is less successful sales-wise, (not that I wish the project ill will, it's just common sense) than any thing Guns has ever done before, the band will reunite.

Now that it's out, and how much of a return is diminished by the absence of Slash and Co., it will just a matter of time....{anywhere between 2 and 10 years)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
skippy wrote:

If you look at reunions that Azoff has put together in the past, he usually locks up the easier party first, or the party that is looking to reunite.

With Van Halen, he locked up Hagar in 2003, and then the band after that.
And began trying to reunite them with the big bucks that a DLR/VH reunion could bring.

Also, pure speculation here:  Slash, Duff, and Co. will want to negotiate from a position of power to try and regain some sort of control of the situation. 

This is where I see the release of Chinese Democracy actually assisting in the reunion.

I believe the other members did not want to do anything which they felt would assist Axl in bankrolling this project and that's why the reunion has been delayed.

Once the album hits, and is less successful sales-wise, (not that I wish the project ill will, it's just common sense) than any thing Guns has ever done before, the band will reunite.

Now that it's out, and how much of a return is diminished by the absence of Slash and Co., it will just a matter of time....{anywhere between 2 and 10 years)

Hopefully Axl will still be able to hit them notes at 56

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See and that's another factor Strat. You only live once, and in Axl's case I hope he realizes how much money is here, and how much the fans would want AND pay for it.

They're still young enough to kick a couple asses, don't wait until you're Aerosmith old and nobody really gives a fuck anymore.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
strat0 wrote:

That's my biggest concern with a reunion.  Whilst I am convinved it will happen at some point, I don't necessarily want to see one right now.  But that thought is balanced with the fact that I don't wanna see them in 10 years time with arthritis, wheel chairs and zimmerframes.  I would rather it never happened if we were just going to see caricatures of themselves being performed by senior citizens.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Sometimes it is better to just leave it in the past.  I would want a reunion only if they are able to really give it their all and live up to it.  If they're going to half ass it night after night, it's better to not taint the legacy.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

uh huh uh huh....you said taint.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Aussie wrote:
strat0 wrote:

That's my biggest concern with a reunion.  Whilst I am convinved it will happen at some point, I don't necessarily want to see one right now.  But that thought is balanced with the fact that I don't wanna see them in 10 years time with arthritis, wheel chairs and zimmerframes.  I would rather it never happened if we were just going to see caricatures of themselves being performed by senior citizens.

Rolling Stones anyone? 16

*Zing*

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

and in Axl's case I hope he realizes..... how much the fans would want AND pay for it.

You just answered yourself right there about why it won't happen.

Another thing to remember, if you go by what has been said about the pople around Axl (Beta and family), including what MSL said about Beta trashing Slash, I'm sure Axl is being influenced to stay away from those guys. For more reaons than just him being certain people's meal ticket.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
skippy wrote:

Azoff? Nah. HK Management used to handle VR, but that was before they merged with Frontline. VR might've been on Frontline for a while, but I doubt they ever were directly under the man himself.

But...

"Axl's working with Irving (Azoff, manager), who I know really well. Irving's a good guy to have on your side, so it'll probably stick, you know." - Slash, 10/27/08

Board footer