You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Couple questions/comments about album

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Didnt Richard mention something called "motormouth" once?

wasnt that some lame lie told by someone on the forums?

I don't believe anything regarding Fortus and this album. Never have, never will. His fan club propped him up as a God for years on end, and said anything they could think of to make people believe it. Hell, the Blues outro they used as a main example of his godliness is actually Buckethead.

Like I said years ago, its time for them to start worshiping someone else. Finck, Tobias, or Bucket. Take your pick. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Finck only had one writing credit and personally, I don't like many of his solos either. He is pretty much a two trick pony in my opinion. Nice riffer and cool stage presence. To me, he is the definition of a touring musician.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The Motormouth thing was apparantly from an interview with Fortus that was mostly about Nena, but I never knew it was a fake interview. It was quite a while ago, way before that so called official email with the tracklisting featuring it as well.

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Finck only had one writing credit and personally, I don't like many of his solos either. He is pretty much a two trick pony in my opinion. Nice riffer and cool stage presence. To me, he is the definition of a touring musician.

I'm not Finck's biggest fan either, but at least he did contribute something to the album. The role of Fortus seems to be strumming a guitar buried in the mix under Finck, Tobias, and Bucket/Bumble. He has zero solos, so hopefully the crap about him being some guitar god will finally die down.

I'd much rather see musicians such as Bucket, Tobias, and Pitman get kudos for their work instead of tooth fairies and unicorns getting worshiped for nothing.

Sky Dog wrote:

True...no writing credits and no solos...nuff' said.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

The Motormouth thing was apparantly from an interview with Fortus that was mostly about Nena, but I never knew it was a fake interview. It was quite a while ago, way before that so called official email with the tracklisting featuring it as well.

do you have a link to this? from what i remember it was said in a suposed email..anyway i'd like to read it smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Here is a suggestion of it but I cant find the original post:

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/g … 045.0.html

Sky Dog wrote:

I assume this was 2006

ZM: You're currently on tour with Guns N' Roses, how is the experience compared to say, when touring with Nena?

RF: Man it's good to get back onto the road with them (Guns N' Roses) again, a few weeks ago we laid down some new recordings, just junk you know, but one came out of it called Motormouth and Axl said "Man that's the one we need right there"

James

James wrote:

Fortus admits its junk, Axl says 'we need it'. Axl also said Fortus would do plenty of rhythm and lead on Chinese Democracy.

In other words, 'Motormouth' will never see the light of day even if we get 10 more albums.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
madagas wrote:

those, except for Ides of March I believe, were all titles that were never mentioned by the band....most of them sound like made up names by journalists or fans....Kerrang mentioned most of those and they are a complete piece of shit metal rag...If the track name doesn't come from a bandmember or someone actually working on the project, I wouldn't believe it.:headbang:

They were mentioned in the August 21st, 1999 issue of Kerrang.  I had seen Something Always somewhere else as well but I don't recall where.
I am skeptical as well how many are legit.  I would also believe some were scrapped or changed in title and/or reworked into a new song.

Board footer