You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Rolling Stone Review-Chinese Democracy

James wrote:

I'm looking forward to Blender's review. They're not gonna fuck around or mince words.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

A very glowing review - I'm sure that didnt' happen by coincidence.  Whilst Fricke obviously likes the material (so do I on the whole), Azoff wouldn't have left the first RS review of the album to just chance and the whim of the reviewer.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Even though I could probably nitpick the positives Fricke lists, I'm very glad to see a review that's pro-CD. I haven't heard the latest leaks so I don't know exactly what's going on but from what I have heard I'd call it a 4/5 album too.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Well I just got classic rock - no review yet, but an article on mister saint laurent and the leaks. They reckon the most recent leaks (not incl. Sorry etc) are from a version of cd handed to the label in 2006.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

That was a pretty good review. Nice read too. I have a question for alot of you though. If a not so positive review comes out, will it simply be that the person doing the review lacks credibility or any real integrity? I'm getting the sense for any review to be taken seriously it's gonna have to be all out praise for the album. Any knock whatsoever will be shrugged  off as an opinion from some dumb fuck who doesn't know shit about music. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I'm very curious to see how this does and hear real people's thoughts not just paid journalists.  Hopefully people will feel the same as this guy.  Good music is good music so.....

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

depends on what they say

if they are fair - i will respect it

if they say "where's slash?", "14 years fro this?", etc. i will consider it non constructive

James

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

That was a pretty good review. Nice read too. I have a question for alot of you though. If a not so positive review comes out, will it simply be that the person doing the review lacks credibility or any real integrity? I'm getting the sense for any review to be taken seriously it's gonna have to be all out praise for the album. Any knock whatsoever will be shrugged  off as an opinion from some dumb fuck who doesn't know shit about music. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I'm actually looking forward to reading some critical reviews. There are quite a few issues that would make a reviewer foam at the mouth, and at least one of the magazines will bring it up. Blender is pro GNR, but not to the point of blind ass licking.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, if they're just going to be complaining about the lineup, the wait, the cost, the CD being labeled GNR, that smacks of ulterior motives beyond just music reviewing. Just review the music.

James, Blender is gonna put it through the blender, for lack of a better term. They won't give it a good review. Just my hunch. Classic Rock will probably give a good review.

Spin, who knows. Entertainment Weekly will just harp on what I mentioned above and give it average reviews.

In the end, it won't mean much anywhere but on these forums.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, Blender is gonna put it through the blender, for lack of a better term. They won't give it a good review. Just my hunch. Classic Rock will probably give a good review.

Blender has always been pro GNR. I don't have a subscription anymore, but during the dead years they quite often gave GNR mentions, and almost always included a Bucket pic in their articles. So they are open to a post Slash line up.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the Classic Rock review.

Board footer