You are not logged in. Please register or login.

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

downliner wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

Not to sound like Jarmo cause I want Bucket back but this speculation leaves a lot to be desired,it sounds more like wishful thinking.I mean reading this gives the impression that Tommy MAY be out and Bucket MAY be in,OK great.Some guy that runs a Bucket fan sites, says that Bucket has big news?Ok, so why can't his big news be that t he album he worked so hard on, is finally coming out?Axl seems to value Tommy's opinion and loyalty, I can't see him choosing Bucket over Tommy.I just think that we are setting ourselves up for big letdown.

Agreed.

Axl could very well ride out the release of Chinese Democracy without opening his mouth. He doesn't need to tour or give interviews and has so far made no effort to even speculate that he intends to do so.

It doesn't matter who is in the band if they plan to do fuck all anyway.

Yeah,this monumental promo campaign leaves a lot to be desired.Especially with Brain seemingly out, I can't see Bucket coming back.

Not to get off topic but does Izzy have a fan email or snail mail address.Your username sounds like  the guy on Mygnr who had an Izzy site?I looked on there but didn't see a fan mail/email or even record company address.Or is he the kind of guy who doesn't read fan mail?Sorry,if you are not that person.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

SHAQisonChiDem
 Rep: 1 

russtcb wrote:

I know I'm alone on this, but I really don't care to see BH back and if he does return it'll take a serious bite out of the live experience for me.

I hated having to sit through a ridiculous martial arts/robot dance segment in the 02 show.

Bucket owns Ron "no stage presence" Thal and Robin "I am here to fuck up Slash's solos" Finck.

The sad thing is so many GNR fans have become such sheep that they will accept whatever Axl throws at them, I call this the Jarmo mentality meaning Axl can do no wrong.

Bucket is the best thing to happen to GNR since Slash and Duff left.

I don't care how nice Ron is, he sure isn't Bucket.

A lot of GNR fans are like "oh just be happy the album is coming out" OK< great but if you want the best live GNR experience,you need Bucket and Brain ,not Ron and Frank.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

Love your user name. 16

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

SHAQisonChiDem wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I know I'm alone on this, but I really don't care to see BH back and if he does return it'll take a serious bite out of the live experience for me.

I hated having to sit through a ridiculous martial arts/robot dance segment in the 02 show.

Bucket owns Ron "no stage presence" Thal and Robin "I am here to fuck up Slash's solos" Finck.

The sad thing is so many GNR fans have become such sheep that they will accept whatever Axl throws at them, I call this the Jarmo mentality meaning Axl can do no wrong.

Bucket is the best thing to happen to GNR since Slash and Duff left.

I don't care how nice Ron is, he sure isn't Bucket.

A lot of GNR fans are like "oh just be happy the album is coming out" OK< great but if you want the best live GNR experience,you need Bucket and Brain ,not Ron and Frank.

I think Ron is great, but I agree with you on Bucket

He was the best thing has happened to GnR since the old band split up.  No offense to Robin or Paul, but I think part of the reason this album didn't get off the ground a lot earlier is that Axl did not have guitarists that were as talented as he is

When CD was getting off the ground the most talented musicians in the band were Axl, Dizzy and Pitman.  Too bad Axl didn't see the Bucket concert a few years earlier

I imagine if Axl, Dizzy, Pitman, Paul and Bucket had hit the studio in 1998 we would've had a Guns album in 2000

Instead Bucket came along late, they tried to fit him in with stuff that was already written plus his own stuff, and who knows what the hell happened between 2002 and 2008 behind the scenes in terms of recording and all the "my dick's bigger than yours" stuff with Axl and the label.  But it seems like the rejection of Axl's 1999 or 2000 album by the label might have caused him to second guess everything he did

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
axlgod wrote:

this is a quote from saul,  taken from buckethead.tk

'I will say this - Axl, Richard, Brain, Pittman, Reed and Thal all like B alot. Do the math.'

Thank you for that. I'm starting to feel a crazy buzz going on here. Maybe Tommy really is gonna eat some crow. Please let this happen! bucket

Saul does need to come post over here!

Which also means that Ron and Bh have met. 

I think that statement alone reveals a lot. 

bucket9

bumble has already said in an interview (talking metal i think) that he and bucket have worked together before outside of gnr (bumble sang and played on a bucket song or something) ... so yeah they've met

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Tommy is out... then who's "in"?

Axl doesn't have a little Wolfie Van Rose running around to play bass...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
SHAQisonChiDem wrote:

Not to get off topic but does Izzy have a fan email or snail mail address. Your username sounds like  the guy on Mygnr who had an Izzy site?I looked on there but didn't see a fan mail/email or even record company address. Or is he the kind of guy who doesn't read fan mail?Sorry,if you are not that person.

izzyemail999 [at] aol [dot] com

^ Fanmail can be sent there. He reads them personally though it can take weeks/months to get a reply smile

Izzys to cool to deal with record companies 16

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Why are people speculating that Tommy is gone?  Just because of the rumors of Bucket returning combined with the knowledge that Tommy isn't too fond of Bucket? 

I can't imagine him leaving.  Axl has handed Tommy the world on a silver platter (Sopranos shout out).  Tommy was working at the phone company at the time that Axl called him.  He has given him the opportunity to earn a ton of money and opened doors that were shut and locked before.  I can't imagine Tommy jumping ship at this stage

Robin, I can understand, because he probably earns about the same touring with NIN as he does with GnR.  The main difference is the opportunity to contribute creatively in the studio.  But if the rumors of the next two albums being done, combined with the possibility of him getting pushed aside for Ron and Richard on any new recordings they do, maybe he decided it was time to move on.  I mean his writing contributions on CD ended up being pretty minimal so his creative input in Guns may have been overstated

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Man this thread is getting me all hot and bothered. Ron and Bucket together...that's a line up with some serious firepower...it would be hard not to be excited....Bumblefoot, Buckethead and Axl all at once....that would have to be one of the greatest lineups ever created in any band! I just hope it happens. I'd really love to see bucket back but NOT an end to ron - he's added a lot of value to the recording from the snippits i've heard, he's great with fans - and and all around awesome player too...meanwhile bucket's done a ton of iconic solos on the record....it's so obvious to me that they should BOTH be in the band...not an either/or.....i just hope the musical gods allow it to happen!

Board footer