You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: To Bucket, GNR is a 'dirty word'

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

I would guess being in a band with lesser talents, take Finck for instance, would get old very quickly for an elite talent like Bucket.

While there had to be other reasons, that's a good point. Standing next to Finck and Fortus had to make him chuckle, especially if he read fan forums and saw GNR fans shitting on him while calling someone who didn't do jack shit a guitar god.

I wouldn't come back if I was him either.

GNR fans have to eat crow now that they see he was a dominating factor in the Chinese Democracy sessions. He's been gone almost five years, yet he's all over the record.

GNr fans also have to eat crow regarding all the hatred towards Paul Tobias over the years.

Its impossible to like this album without acknowledging the talents and contributions of Buckethead and Paul Tobias.

I would have to fall more in the I think Bucket got tired of
1.  Not being the only lead guitarist. and 
2. Looking at the other guys around him and chuckling. I don't have specific quotes but I damn sure remember a ton of rumors from some slightly credible sources that Robin and Bucket did not "jive'.

I wouldn't be surprised. Robin is a hack compared to Bucket. I like Fortus, he's a lot better than Finck in my opinion. But it made no sense with a talented guy like Buckethead to have the other two guys in there playing lead parts of old GN'R songs.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

It wouldn't suprise me if Bucket returned for touring, after all Robin has left.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is pure speculation on my part...but i've always wondered if it came from Robin's end....like from his perspective...he's hired into what had been one of the biggest bands in the world only a few years earlier to replace an iconic guitarist - he is given the lead role. Then delays start happening and the band goes inactive for who knows how lomg, and then a new lead guitarist is brought in who clearly has a ton more technical ability....would be hard to take. But then again who knows. Maybe they just didn't click. Not everyone likes everyone else in the world I guess. And there's not always good reasons - sometimes people just dont like the way they feel when near another person.

nugdafied wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Standing next to Finck and Fortus had to make him chuckle

Actually, I think Fortus is a world class musician. If Axl had any sense, it'd be a band of Brain, Bucket, Fortus, & Stinson, IMO. The day that quartet had hit the studio, I'd of kicked the others out & gone on from there as an Axl Rose solo project. Richard Fortus is nothing to sneeze at.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Standing next to Finck and Fortus had to make him chuckle

Actually, I think Fortus is a world class musician. If Axl had any sense, it'd be a band of Brain, Bucket, Fortus, & Stinson, IMO. The day that quartet had hit the studio, I'd of kicked the others out & gone on from there as an Axl Rose solo project. Richard Fortus is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree with this.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

In my opinion, Robin can't say shit about Bucket.  His image was just as weird during 2002, if not weirder in my opinion. 

It's not really unexpected to hear that his time in GNR was unpleasent, but you really can't help but wonder what exactly it was that made it that way.  I think it's a combo of everything mentioned in this thread. 

If BH and Axl had worked together on equal creative terms (ones where Axl didn't have the final say on everything) i think they could have come up with material that is better than what we've heard.  I agree that BH wasn't fully utilized in the studio.  It's a shame.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl stagnated Bucket's art.

I just don't think Bucket ever liked the fact he'd never release an album (like the old band, Bucket is a do it and leave it kind of guy), Bucket didn't fit in with the band (rumored Axl & Robin both it was difficult), and he probably didn't ever feel comfortable doing someone else's guitar solos. Alot of what people call "screwing up Slash's solo", was more Bucket trying his best to do his own thing with it imo.

And the album STILL didn't come out.

What's there to be 'positive' about that experience? The only thing he could take with him is "never trust a cracker in cornrows".

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

"never trust a cracker in cornrows".

14 bucket

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl stagnated Bucket's art.

I just don't think Bucket ever liked the fact he'd never release an album (like the old band, Bucket is a do it and leave it kind of guy), Bucket didn't fit in with the band (rumored Axl & Robin both it was difficult), and he probably didn't ever feel comfortable doing someone else's guitar solos. Alot of what people call "screwing up Slash's solo", was more Bucket trying his best to do his own thing with it imo.

And the album STILL didn't come out.

What's there to be 'positive' about that experience? The only thing he could take with him is "never trust a cracker in cornrows".

I don't even know what to say anymore.  I had something to add until i read that last line... and now it just doesn't seem important anymore.  14

nugdafied wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

"Never trust a cracker in cornrows."

Truer words have never been spoken. Seriously.

Board footer