You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: "Guns N' Roses: Is It All Over? Does Anyone Care?"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Is it not ok to just be happy about some things that ARE happening in the GNR world without being accused of "being Jarmo" so to speak?

it is very ok to be happy. but it is ok to be disappointed too.

i am not pumped anymore and for sure i am not enthusiastic about this release. you know when i was enthusiastic last time about gnr? in 2006. i could put money on the fact that chinese democracy would come out.

you know why it disappeared? because i've had so much highs from gnr only to be followed by lows each and every time. so, in time, i have developed a "whatever' sentiment towards them. i'm not saying it's the bands fault but it's where this journey took me.

of course i'm happy for them, for the album being out, for everything that's going on. but am i so happy that it makes me take my clothes off and run naked in the streets shoutin' "chinese democracy starts now"? no. i would've some years ago. not now.

and maybe i like the songs but sometimes i wonder if i like them because i've heard them thousands of times and i got used to them or because they are actually good? i don't know. and don't tell me it's my fault because i've downloaded the links because i've been listening bootleg versions of the songs since 2001. leaks only came in 2006 and those were from the management (i truly believe that).

i want this band to succeed as much as everyone. i want bucket to come back and tour behind this album, i want to have a band touring. i will support gnr in front of the average joe without a doubt. but here, on the forums, i will voice my opinion even if it's a little negative because the people that post here are the only ones that know the whole story and can understand these things. in the real world, my opinion is just a voice in a crowd, it doesn't matter and it won't be heard.

you can call it frustration, negativity, whatever you want. but i think things could have been a lot better with a little more effort. a video, a line-up, an interview with the man, a band interview or a tv appearance don't take that much effort to promote this. but hey, it's their album and they know better.

i am happy, but i have some doubts. good luck to them.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I'm happy the record is coming out but sad at the same time.  Why?  I believe that this is it.  This is the last record from Axl or GNR.  Just the mess the band seems to be in right now is very revealing.  Not knowing who is in or who is out.  No promo, no interviews, no tour in sight.  The single was dropped suddenly and without promo there as well.  It almost feels like it's coming out cause Axl was forced to release it and he doesn't approve.  So yeah I'm happy it's coming but I fear that the record we were all waiting for was the curtain call as well.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Gotcha. I think the only difference between the way you and I feel is that I'm still stoked for the record to just be released.

Don't get me wrong, I totally hear what you and sic are saying. I mean, let's put the fact that I'm a big Robin fan aside. Doesn't it say something that he obviously feels there's a brighter future in NIN then GNR?? Even though GNR is putting out a record he worked on (off and on) for years?? That's a HUGE dent in my enthusiasm.

of course robin's choice is weird, and that's a big question mark that some people tend to ignore. maybe it's nothing and they are right. that has always been the problem with this band: every good news has some question mark attached to it. whether people ignore it or not, it's a matter of personal choice, and you can't debate personal choice.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

How the hell do u know the album is gonna hit with a whisper?

I can't wait till this sellls 700k first week and u guys look stupid.

Ridiculous negativity... why even post or be a GNR fan if thats your outlook?

Axl will be fine without BUcket and Robin. He will manage I am sure.

supaplex

supaplex wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I can't wait till this sellls 700k first week and u guys look stupid.

Ridiculous negativity... why even post or be a GNR fan if thats your outlook?

believe me, i will gladly eat my words and i am willing to look stupid. let it sell 700k, a million, do you think i would be sorry?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i am happy knowing that this ridiculous horseshit will be remain confined within this forum, nowhere else.

That's funny considering the fact you argue this same thing at every site you post at, specifically mygnr.

If you don't like this site, leave. You aren't being forced to post here.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Well, this argument is about as old and over as Velvet Revolvers record contract:

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de … wsid=40246

Board footer