You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ironfin
 Rep: 2 

Re: Are The Leaks What Will Be On CD

ironfin wrote:

Are the leaks actually from the finished album or are they old demos? I really hope they are old Demos cause they are fucking shit.

The Vocal on This I love is fucking terrible. This surely cannot be a finished album version.

The guitar solo's on Sorry & This I love sound like a 15 year old doing a stupid amount of bends because they lack the imagination or talent to do anything else.

I really hope that they are old demos...

Sorry rocks yes but what the fuck is going on with that Frank Zappa line - sounds out of place.

Prostitute is fucking brilliant as is Twat & CD but other than Chinese Democracy I think his voice is fucked. It sounds forced. The chorus in Chicken Dinner sounds like Bon Jovi.

What does everyone think - are these leaks final versions? If they are I think this album will crash and burn.

This is what happens when no one will tell you what they actually think of your ideas and are to afraid to critisize cause they need to earn cash.

(I really hope this album is a masterpiece and hugely successful but I think we have to face the truth)

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

final versions cleaned up by Imsorry. They will sound better in quality when we get a real leak or the album itself. I wouldn't call the songs "shit" but I see your points. Axl isnt the saem Axl of 87 and 91. His voice is going to change. He is using all different ranges. Judging by the reaction of the single I wouldn't call it a crash and burn just yet.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I didn't read your whole post.  I'm sorry, but i stopped after you bashed the guitar solo on Sorry. 

Since you hate that solo, i'm assuming you hate just about every solo Slash has ever done? 

And by insulting the vocals on This I Love, i'm assuming you only like about 10% of what Axl has done in the past (and even that number may be too kind).

ironfin

ironfin wrote:

Yes but CHinese Democracy sounds great! You must admit the singing on This I love is awful

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
ironfin wrote:

Yes but CHinese Democracy sounds great! You must admit the singing on This I love is awful

I do not have to admit that.  That is your personal opinion.  I happen to think he sounds great, and am actually glad we aren't hearing the same Axl from before.  He's chose to stetch his boundaries more, and that is fine with me.  22

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I heard it. I thought it was good. Fit the song. I really like the extended singing for the part when he sings "In my Heart" and at the end "I'll never say goodbye." Really a moving song for me at least.

ironfin

ironfin wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I didn't read your whole post.  I'm sorry, but i stopped after you bashed the guitar solo on Sorry. 

Since you hate that solo, i'm assuming you hate just about every solo Slash has ever done? 

And by insulting the vocals on This I Love, i'm assuming you only like about 10% of what Axl has done in the past (and even that number may be too kind).

WTF???

I hate a lot of terrible things that happen around the world but I don't "hate a guitar solo"

How can it possible to "insult" a vocal? Yesterday I invited the vocal from "This I Love" round to my house and then called it names before setting fire to its shoes and calling its mother a crack whore.

As for the 10%...well your post has reminded me of why I stopped posting on GNR message boards.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Let me rephrase:

Since you dislike the solo on Sorry, i'm assuming you dislike just about all of Slash's work.

Since you expressed your dislike for the vocals on This I love, i'm assuming you only like about 5% of what Axl has done in the past.

Now, i posed a couple of questions to you that you refused to answer and instead complained about my terminology.  I was trying to discuss your post. 

I do think these are the final versions.

ironfin

ironfin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah I heard it. I thought it was good. Fit the song. I really like the extended singing for the part when he sings "In my Heart" and at the end "I'll never say goodbye." Really a moving song for me at least.

Its the vocals at the start that are worst. They are really really bad.

ironfin

ironfin wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Let me rephrase:

Since you dislike the solo on Sorry, i'm assuming you dislike just about all of Slash's work.

Since you expressed your dislike for the vocals on This I love, i'm assuming you only like about 5% of what Axl has done in the past.

Now, i posed a couple of questions to you that you refused to answer and instead complained about my terminology.  I was trying to discuss your post. 

I do think these are the final versions.

I like about 80% of what Axl has done in the past. The vocal at the start of this I Love is like nothing he has done before and I think his voice is fucked. If this is indeed the final versions I bet most reviewers and the general public will agree when they hear some of the vocals on this album. I am being subjective.

I liked all of Slash's work on Appetite & Lies and about 80% of it on UYI. Wasn't so keen on VR or his solo work. He does not play on Sorry so by disliking the solo why would I dislike Slash's work? Before you ask I don't hate 95% of tree's just because the guitar that was used in the sorry solo was made from wood.

Board footer