You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimb0
 Rep: 1 

Re: Are The Leaks What Will Be On CD

jimb0 wrote:

I love the singing on this I love.  I don't know what you expect, 1990/1991 Axl?  Not going to happen.  I like his sparing rasp.  Have you ever heard the Big Daddy SCOM?  Doesn't work well.  Then again I don't really care about opinions, because I love it.

ironfin
 Rep: 2 

ironfin wrote:
jimb0 wrote:

I love the singing on this I love.  I don't know what you expect, 1990/1991 Axl?  Not going to happen.  I like his sparing rasp.  Have you ever heard the Big Daddy SCOM?  Doesn't work well.  Then again I don't really care about opinions, because I love it.

Fair enough! I guess I did expect 90/91 vocals and we do get them on Chinese Democracy. I also hoped we might hear the Estranged voice again and the Patience voice to as I think they were his finest.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
ironfin wrote:

I guess I did expect 90/91 vocals and we do get them on Chinese Democracy. I also hoped we might hear the Estranged voice again and the Patience voice to as I think they were his finest.

The opening vocals of Shacklers Revenge (Chicken Dinner) are terrible in my opinion, as are the vocals on Scraped.

Madagascar on the other hand is Axl at his finest. The opening minute leading into his howl/groan at 1:10~1:30 is just ... 9

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:
ironfin wrote:

The guitar solo's on Sorry & This I love sound like a 15 year old doing a stupid amount of bends because they lack the imagination or talent to do anything else.

I suggest you go and listen to the guitar solo on "Sorry" again.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

his range is a thousand times better than it was in the UYI days. i dont know what people are complaining about on Shacklers.

Street of Dreams is, in my opinion, the best vocal work he has done on any track. ever. Perfect mixture between crooning and piercing.

FlashFlood wrote:

Street of Dreams is, in my opinion, the best vocal work he has done on any track. ever. Perfect mixture between crooning and piercing.

I have to agree with you on this,Street Of Dreams I think has the best vocals out 0of all of the songs I have heard,I also think Shackler's is an awesome song. 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

MrChainsaw
 Rep: 0 

MrChainsaw wrote:
ironfin wrote:

Its the vocals at the start that are worst. They are really really bad.

What the hell are you listening to?! The vocal performance at the beginning of This I Love is by far one of the best Axl has ever delivered.

What's really annoying is this whiny chorus. This one could be reworked - but the beginning is just stunning! I would rate this song as a GNR-classic if there would not be this horrible layered chorus.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I think the best is Prostitute....

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Better has the best vocal performance IMO.

Thats classic Axl Rose right there and will be the biggest hit on the album.

Not my favourite song by the way.

I always liked the IRS vocals as well, suprised some people call them weak.

I have a feeling the final verse on IRS will be changed to match the way he sung it live, with much more passion and fire. I read a review somewhere that said the the second half of the song opens up into real heavy rocker. So I'm hoping for another cut n paste job.

Board footer