You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

Aussie wrote:

I was just curious where the figures came from - I wondered if there was an article or something that I hadn't read.  I wasn't calling BS on it.

As for the argue argue argue - all I did was offer my opinion.  19

Sure Tommy is not exactly having to eat dogfood for dinner but I just didn't think $250,000 per annum was a lot.  I mean sure I would happily pluck 4 strings for those sort of $$'s, but it was less than I expected he may have been paid, that's all.

Excuse me for offering an opinion.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Wow - he did stuff for Soul Asylum?
250,000 is a lot of money. BUT it's also sort of upper-middle class for entertainers or musicians.  And it's LA. Part of the money is just opportunity cost - he's being compensated for being a little tied up and being compensated to be availible - and to work with strange circumstances. We don't know he's really been sitting around. I mean, compared to most people, musicians do just "sit around" - but they do work hard. I don't think he's under or over paid.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Wow - he did stuff for Soul Asylum?

Yeah man he has writing/recording credits on two songs(Bus Named Desire, Oxygen) off their 2006 album The Silver Lining. Really good album if you like Soul Asylum. He did some shows with them too

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Ok ok ok....... so I've listened to the single version of better. It is very very good and a lot tighter than our previous versions. Listen to it through a good pair of monitors or headphones and you can hear how much there is going on.

Now here's my qualm with it: The drums are totally cut and paste. Listen to every time a passage is played multiple times, ie the prechorus. The drums are 110 fucking percent the same. It's not just like the rhythm and fills were played the same for continuity or anything, I mean they're exactly the same. Velocity and all. Cut and paste drums.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just listened to this for the first time. Not digging it too much. The song is good at its core, but the massive cut and paste ruins any flow. You can hear each spot where something was added and it makes it sound awkward. Its like the song constantly starts and stops, then starts again.

This album needed a better producer. The people involved in 99-01 should have been brought back to mix these new additions in to these songs.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just listened to this for the first time. Not digging it too much. The song is good at its core, but the massive cut and paste ruins any flow. You can hear each spot where something was added and it makes it sound awkward. Its like the song constantly starts and stops, then starts again.

This album needed a better producer. The people involved in 99-01 should have been brought back to mix these new additions in to these songs.

Goddamn it, somebody put me in contact with the Guns camp. I'll push the album back 3 months, and go in and mix this bitch.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Goddamn it, somebody put me in contact with the Guns camp. I'll push the album back 3 months, and go in and mix this bitch.

Push it back? Fuck that shit.

That's been this album's problem since 2001, and it doesn't amaze me that it's come out this way. This whole process is "over thought", "too labored", and it reaks of W. Axl Rose, not crappin' or gettin' off the pot.

CD is what it is. It's out, it's done. Forget it. Move on. At this point, I just hope they realize where they went wrong with this album, and future albums will be less over thought, and they'll practice more of a 'record, release it, leave it' policy.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Push it back? Fuck that shit.

That's been this album's problem since 2001, and it doesn't amaze me that it's come out this way. This whole process is "over thought", "too labored", and it reaks of W. Axl Rose, not crappin' or gettin' off the pot.

CD is what it is. It's out, it's done. Forget it. Move on. At this point, I just hope they realize where they went wrong with this album, and future albums will be less over thought, and they'll practice more of a 'record, release it, leave it' policy.

Wait, why the sudden change in tone? Lately you've been giving CD a blowjob and saying it's the best GN'R album ever. Now you're acting like it's a piece of shit. 16

Maybe a little schizophrenia like Axl? 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

There ya go. Already Better is blowing CD outta the water in terms of positive reaction in my area. I've heard from 3 people on my facebook who heard it today and  they all love it. One of them was a girl too.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The poor production is unforgivable in this day in age. Teenagers can sit at home with a few instruments and computer and produce a superiorly mixed album than this.

Remember - "recording is done, now we're doing the mixing and mastering" - or words to that effect on the official website. Years that took, and yet its just another farce.

Not all songs are poorly mixed, Shacklers, Sorry and Prostitute seem ok. I think the majority really needed to be mixed much better, 10 years obviously wasnt a long enough for them roll

Remember than last original modern GNR production released, Live Era? Coincidence or not, that album was ruined by piss poor production as well.

Am I wrong in thinking del james had a role in the mixing and mastering of Live Era and he was the spokesman on the official website I quoted above?

Board footer