You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: BETTER: second single CONFIRMED

monkeychow wrote:

That's why this site is great - varied opinions - I love Death Magnetic. I understand what people are saying about the cut and paste riffing though - as I'll admit the songs do jump around and are structured strangely...but maybe its the guitarist in me - there's some damn fun riffs and cool shit going on in those songs. I found them hard to get into at first - like it took a couple of listens as opposed to something like the Black Album where the commerical nature of it grabs you in seconds - but once I got used to the sound of it - i'm really into a few of the tracks.

Ac/Dc was more of a disapointment to me. I like that they do the same thing always - as I see that as reliable and stable. And maybe i'll give it some more listens - but I just didn't quite think this the new record was as cool as the last ones.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

http://www.yes.com/#WAAF?chart

In Boston of WAAF CD is the third most played track overall recently.

Better is just now beginning its ascent.

What amazes me in this area is that WBCN, a mostly alternative station, has been playing the new stuff every now and then.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I've heard it three times on K-Rock. They also still play Chinese Democracy regularly.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Today seemed like the rock stations here got a  memo saying play Chinese Democracy cause I heard it six times today. Unreal. That's like two more times than I'd heard it total.  The Drive plays the entire intro where as Zed 99 starts it at the guitar riff.   I know Zed 99 has Better but I haven't heard it yet. I know others who have and they all seem to like Better.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Wow - he did stuff for Soul Asylum?

Yeah man he has writing/recording credits on two songs(Bus Named Desire, Oxygen) off their 2006 album The Silver Lining. Really good album if you like Soul Asylum. He did some shows with them too

Uh - I have that album... and I liked it... but never looked at the liner notes!!!@!!!!!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Has there been any mention of a video?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Nope.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

95 WILL Rock in the Chicago burbs is playing it, but not WLUP in Chicago yet. Weird. They were all over CD and sponsored Monday's listening party. I've requested it because I want to hear it in my car. Pronto.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I haven't heard Better once on the radio so far.

And CD has been played very little. I may have only heard 2-3 times. It's pretty anti-GN'R around here. If it's not Hinder or Nicklesuck, they won't play it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, WLUP in Chicago played Better about 10 minutes after I posted that. I'm at work. So, I missed that one. It was their first time.

Board footer