You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Where is Axl?

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

can't he promote it in ways other than interviews?

Like putting a CD sticker to his car?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

When I think about it it makes sense. What's an interview with a recluse going to achieve? Everybody would be talking about that instead of the album.

He'll probably do it at one time, I think he wants to, but it doesn't matter when. It's an event in itself. I can't think of a single living person in rock where an in depth interview would garner more response. Who's gonna care about a Metallica interview? It's all rehashed on a weekly basis. None of the stars out there, people don't give a fuck. They've all been overplayed.

Axl on the other hand, now that's a story that's never been told properly. And it's not just a story, it's the story. From one of the most captivating periods in the last 30 years of rock.

When the CD hype starts dying don't be surprised if that story would suddenly start to be told.

An old bull and a young bull is on a hill overlooking a field of cows. The young bull says, lets race down to that field and fuck one of those cows, to which the older bull replies, lets walk down there and fuck them all.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
sic. wrote:

There's a rhyme to that reason.

1) Ax is planning on something.

2) Ax is frustrated on how the release has been handled so far, and is acting like a child, refusing to play ball (now that's something you don't see every day).

If we don't hear anything from him shortly after the release, I'll have to wonder if this was put out against Axl's wishes. Maybe the Ax man thought CD needed another five years in the incubator, and Universal just said enough is enough and is putting this out without his support.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I piss myself for having to come up with shit after the fact. But I guess one will always underestimate your subject in favor of your own infantile needs. In this case Axl not being intelligent and self aware enough to make that move, but of course he is, I just wanted to jack off to some soap opera shit so I twisted it.

(Talking to myself and referring to myself, but of course also talking to you. Just so there are no misunderstandings.)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

he apppeared a lot in '06 when he and everyone else thought the album was going to be released.

now it is being released he has not yet appeared??????????

obviously we can't expect anything cause it will be a let down if nothing happens but

something is going on behind the scenes i think. axl's appearance may tie into the next step better than it does this one.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

can't he promote it in ways other than interviews?

Like putting a CD sticker to his car?

not including all the promo the album has already received and focusing on axl...............

a live show would be great

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm think we need some information.

If you say Imposter five times into the mirror, you apparently get a riddle and crap your pants.

I think it's worth it.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
misterID wrote:
downliner wrote:

There was a time (pardon the pun) when Rose was just like any other super-mega rock star out there. He did interviews, he incited riots, he got arrested. And luckily, all this has happened during MTV News' lifespan. So, when Rose passed on our requests for an interview in support of Chinese Democracy, we dove deep into our archives and dug up some of our best Axl moments.

Source: MTV

That's ridiculous. 17

I would pass on an interview with MTV too. That network is more about The Hills than it is about music.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

imposter, imposter, imposter, imposter, imposter

Nope doesn't work.

Honestly I wouldn't be too worried. I think after realease there will be an explosion of activity.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I dont know where my friend got his info from,  But this morning he sent me a text message saying GnR will be on Letterman tonight.

Board footer