You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chiense Democracy streaming in full on GNR myspace tomorrow

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm currently on Catcher. Like everyone else, i'm having a mixed reaction. Some tracks in their final form are fucking amazing (TWAT), others seemed to have misstepped (Better, If The World).

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Whoa... What the hell is going on in Rhiad when Axl kicks in after the solo.  And what is up with that solo?  I chose to listen to that one song.  Seriously, the vocal sounds like a really bad cut and paste job.  It's at the 3:24 mark.  What the hell is that?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know Saikin. Scraped is plagued with the same problem. The mixing is so bad, it sounds like 'leak skips'.

As for Riad, Ron's solo was unneeded. I'm going to post a full review later. Currently on Sorry.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

So the new mix of TWAT is amazing. I actually shit my pants, which I'm not sure how I feel about. On one hand, the song had a great impact. On the other, I have to do laundry.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Quickly listening before I have to go off to work. Listening to Sorry, which sounds amazing. Can't wait to get home and listen to the whole thing.

Sky Dog wrote:

When I tried to play sod, it was all fucked up and skipping....something is wrong with the stream.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I've always sung pretty high praises about Robin's playing style, but his solo on This I Love just sounds so disjointed!
It gets better as it goes on, but man, I was really cringing listening to it.

Catcher has way too much going on now too. The original greatness of the song is lost with all the extra layers of stuff on top. Makes me wonder if I'd feel the same way if I'd never heard the demo.

The whole "too many cooks in the kitchen" saying springs to mind listening to this. I'll still give it a fair chance when I actually listen to the CD, but I'm kinda turned off a bit so far.

Metal Matt
 Rep: 0 

Metal Matt wrote:

(copied my post from mygnr)
I heard about this on 94.5 the buzz Rod Ryan in Houston this morning and couldn't believe it... After all this time, after all this "who's gonna leak the entire album?", in some crazy but perfectly fitting ending, GNR does.   It was so weird hearing "Better" and "CD" on the radio after jamming Better so many times before by myself thinking the thing would never see the light of day. I heard the official promo for it last night and then they played CD in amongst their regular format. Still kinda hard for me to get used to!

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

now we have a black president and chinese democracy!!!!!!!! all is right with the world!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Catcher has way too much going on now too. The original greatness of the song is lost with all the extra layers of stuff on top. Makes me wonder if I'd feel the same way if I'd never heard the demo.

You got "demo-fever".

The new version is much better. Don't get how people think a crappy demo recording is better.

Board footer