You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Pics of the LP Packaging

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's a piece of terrible news:

The lyrics still have all the mistakes in the final booklet.

Which continues to show that this was a thrown together, slapped together, duct taped, bubble gum, jalopy they threw out in stores.

Pathetic.

Irving Azoff is on board for the reunion. No doubt imo at this point. He would not associate himself with this half-ass unprofessionalism, if there wasn't a silver lining. Axl's turning down MTV interviews, no press at all has been done aside from the occasional radio interview with Ron or Chris... after all these years CD was just "dropped" anyways.

GN'R look at this as pinching off a turd, and are focusing on other things.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's a piece of terrible news:

The lyrics still have all the mistakes in the final booklet.

WOW. I'm speechless.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Irving Azoff is on board for the reunion. No doubt imo at this point. He would not associate himself with this half-ass unprofessionalism, if there wasn't a silver lining. Axl's turning down MTV interviews, no press at all has been done aside from the occasional radio interview with Ron or Chris... after all these years CD was just "dropped" anyways.

He was crazy for turning down MTV. No one else is giving this a feature. The last big magazine that might have gave him the cover was Spin, and they just announced their December cover and its M.I.A.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just have to say this. A reunion has to be in the works, otherwise this is Axl's Hari Kari.

It's his final suicide. The final scapel, severing that vein.

Why would the man bury GN'R intentionally with good will out there?

Irving Azoff would not be brought in to deliver just an album, especially one that is obviously thrown together.

They ALL are waiting for the bigger ship to come in.

Believe me, if that's not the case, and the new band survive this... expect an epic rant thread from myself, where I finally issue an official statement, with all confidence, that Axl Rose is the dumbest fucking guy to ever live in the music business.

James

James wrote:

Well, the album can still be successful without any promotion from the GNR side. Now having said that, this lack of real publicity will most certainly play a role in album sales. Tiny Best Buy promos with spelling errors and myspace widgets isn't gonna send this to the top of the charts and keep it there.

The release of Chinese Democracy gave him the perfect opportunity to 'clear the air'. He isn't interested, and neither are these media outlets. Its why he should have pounced on MTV. A great avenue to either give his side of the story, or if he's not interested in some deep discussion, at least talk about the album. Hell, the new Spin is gonna have James Hetfield talking about CD and they're gonna review it in their 'Christmas wish list' section. That's it.

When Echo and the Bunnymen get a headline on the Dec. Spin cover but Chinese Democracy doesn't, well that pretty telling.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I also think some of this is Axl waving his finger in the air and refusing to give interviews to outlets, which negatively spoke of him in the past, out of spite.

Problem - he has nothing to bargain with. At this point he needs as much good will as possible. Seems to me, he still thinks he's relevant, and he'll sit back and fuel "the legend". Problem is, it ain't 1996 anymore. Or even 2002.

Nobody cares at this point outside of these boards. He used his fanbase last year to score Baz album sales - look what Angel Down did. Del's book.

Only the Jarmo's and Madison's sit back, and beat off to Angel Down & The Language of Fear.

But in Axl's defense...

Slash, Duff, Izzy & Matt ain't all that relevant either. They are getting downright pissed at this point, because when they do interviews, all they're asked about is GN'R Reunions.

I just feel... weird right now.

It feels like reality smacking me right in the face. The reality of the fact that GN'R still hasn't resurrected itself, in a real sense, since 1993, that Axl just doesn't give a fuck, and the only people who look like they have egg on their face are the fans. Me, you, this board, the other boards, outside of the boards, the people that are buying this album on day one, the one's who bought concert tix on day one, the one who buy new GN'R merch at any cost, the one who defend the new band at any cost, the ones who hold up "Where's Buckethead?" signs, instead of "Where's Slash?"

Do I need a reason? I do love a good joke, and this is the BEST EVER. The joke on the children. - Conal Cochran

Replace children with fans.

James

James wrote:

I can understand his unwillingness to "pound the pavement". You mentioned VR, and its a valid point. An interview will quickly go in the same direction as Slash interviews......."You're music is good, but when's the reunion? When's the last time you spoke to them? Blah Blah Blah. If he's not in the right frame of mind to tackle such issues, he should avoid it. However, there are ways around it. Loder stopped caring about this in 2006, but he would probably do an interview. Loder is capable of throwing softball questions yet getting a great interview. Axl could have also did the same thing as Metallica for the Black album: Offer track by track comments of the album.

I don't think he's necessarily shitting on fans. He's shitting on himself and selling himself and the project short. He truly is an enigma and its the ONLY reason people have followed this for so many years. If the current state of affairs is providing him closure to this saga, then fans should accept it for what it is. If there are other reasons for how this all went down, then its just an added mystery to the whole saga.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Axl is Steve Perry. Think about it.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

While I do not care about the mistakes in the lyrics for the booklet, I've said all along that this does feel like it was released against Axl's wishes.  And maybe he approved, but it's obvious he doesn't care.  I think we'll get a reunion and it may even happen before the end of this year.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think he's necessarily shitting on fans. He's shitting on himself and selling himself and the project short. He truly is an enigma and its the ONLY reason people have followed this for so many years. If the current state of affairs is providing him closure to this saga, then fans should accept it for what it is. If there are other reasons for how this all went down, then its just an added mystery to the whole saga.

I think this is as close to the truth that exists.

Board footer