You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Songs you'd showcase to people in an attempt to get them to listen

Bono wrote:

O.k. so say you've got a friend who is skeptical. They hate that Slash isn't in the band or whatever. The point is they aren't willing to give CD or the new band a listen. What  4 songs would you show them in order to change their mind?

For me it would no doubt be:

Better
Sorry
This I Love
Chinese Democracy

Also what four songs would you, at all costs, stay away from in this type of scenario? I would never in a  million years try and tempt them with:

The Blues
Catcher in the Rye
There Was a Time
Riads N' the Bedouins

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Interesting one - depends on the person you are trying to tempt and the style of music they like.  To pick the strongest songs I would say:

Better
CD
Sorry or Prostitute

This I Love or the Blues if they aren't really into heavy rockers.
I would throw TWAT in if they have an appreciation for some good guitar work.

I would keep them away from:
- Scraped (god I don't know if I will ever have something positive to say about that track but I will keep listening to give it a fair go).
- Riad
- IRS

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i would play them...
street of dreams (i know you love it bono)
sorry
riad
twat

wouldnt play
if the world
this i love (though its one of my faves)
SR

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I would play Twat, Better, Scraped, and SOD

What's up with all the Scraped hate? People were all over it with the comercials

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Catcher in the rye & Better

In my opinion the best songs in the album

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Better
I.R.S.
Street of Dreams
T.W.A.T.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I would play Twat, Better, Scraped, and SOD

What's up with all the Scraped hate? People were all over it with the comercials

They'll come around.

I'd showcase If The World, Better and The Blues.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Well, it kind of depends on who the person is.  If they're a metalhead or pure hard rock person, I would play Riad, Better, Shackler's and IRS

If they were into progressive rock, I'd play Better, TWAT, Sorry, and Prostitute

If it was a chick who wasn't really into rock, This I Love, Street of Dreams, If The World, and Better

Funny, I guess Better is on all my lists

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I should've made this easier. Man it's not hard. Forget what type of person you're trying to sell this too. Just pick the four songs that you think would  make up the best Chinese Democracy promo pack. A four song EP if you will. I mean if we worry about every different type of person and their music tastes you guys will end up listing every song for every scenario. 16   Gn'R is about variety so let's pretend we're not playing to a specific music taste.

I honestly think alot of you are in for a reality check when the average Joe hears Street of Dreams.  People are gonna think that song sucks. If I'm wrong I'll change my username to Bono Jr.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

for the record my 23 year old girlfriend, straight out college loving her lil' wayne and leonna lewis, is infatuated with street of dreams. just one person i know, but still certainly no diehard fan.

bono...i'm gonna hold you to that. you are in such a minority here. i don't know what you have against the vocals, whatever. that song received by far the biggest ovation at the listening party in boston, and there was some pretty loud applause given to other songs. just watch and learn my friend.

Board footer