You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guns N' Roses update official site

Neemo wrote:

holy crap estrangedpaul...ok here is the 4th edit of the latest update 18

The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version.

Chinese Democracy is everything you've been waiting so patiently for -- and a lot more.

Here's a full track description:

"Chinese Democracy" opens things up on a theatrical note. Right away you realize that frontman and GN'R mastermind Axl Rose has never sounded better. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo is another highlight of the title track. "Better" couldn't be better, with a five-pronged guitar attack setting off explosions while a hard beat crunches away. Tommy Stinson's bass line provides the backbone of the rhythm. "Street Of Dreams" comes next, the beautiful song that you might recognize during GN'R's 2006 tour, introduced as "The Blues."

The fifth track, "If The World," is a classic funk-rock song with Middle Eastern elements and liquid bass playing from synth man and programmer –- and track co-writer –- Chris Pitman. There Was A Time" "Broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall/It was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all," Axl sings before this instant classic crescendos into the powerful chorus. Other highlights include Dizzy Reed, Pitman and Axl's synth orchestra, which gives the song a movie feel.

A gorgeous instrumental intro featuring piano, bass and Axl's signature wails begins the album's next track, "Catcher In The Rye". "Scraped" features Axl all over the register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piledt on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you." Meanwhile, "Sorry" is a kick-back track with acoustic guitar but with Axl-penned lyrics that bite: "You don't know why I won't give in," he says. "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in."

Track No. 9, "Riad N' The Bedouins" has Axl giving his all to the vocal over a complex, multi-layered guitar rhythm. The instrumental bridge segues from strings to a Bumblefoot solo assault. An electronic drum loop leads right into the next song, "I.R.S.", which contains some of Axl's most inner-reaching lyrical content on the album. Track No. 12, "Madagascar," features accltaimed orchestral arranger Paul Buckmaster and emotional samples from history, including two speeches by Martin Luther King Jr., the films "Mississippi Burning" and "Cool Hand Luke."

"This I Love" starts with only Axl's voice and piano playing, and it's the only song on the album solely written by Axl. "Prostitute" brings things to a close, with Axl saying, "It's not a question of whether my heart is true."

Chinese Democracy is a truly epic project, GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Retail chain Best Buy is the exclusive outlet for the CD and vinyl album in the United States. The album is also available via the iTunes Store.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Complete joke. Just not acceptable in this day and age where the internet is a huge part of society. A lot of people interested will go to that website, and then have to see all that amateurish crap. They don't know how many songs are on the album, don't know who plays which solos, don't know who is in the band, and apparently are letting an 8 year old write the articles.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

End this Joke now.  Pulease!  How is THIS my favorite band ever?  Jeeez, is this Del James brilliance again on these updates?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^the funny thing about it all is that there is still errors in the text 16

Here's a full track description:

ok cool except they dont say anything about shacklers revenge 16

There Was A Time"

forgot a quotation marker at the start of the song title

"If The World,"

comma is in the wrong spot

Middle Eastern

forgot the dash

"Scraped" features Axl all over the register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piledt on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you."

that whole sentence is terrible....plus they spelled piled wrong

"Madagascar," features accltaimed orchestral arranger

that damn comma again, plus another spelling mistake

on top of all that the overall composition is piss poor, again i say they need to hire a professional writer and editor for that site...or use Del...if thats Del's writing...i think its time for him to put away his pen 18

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Another funny thing is it says Better contains a five-guitar attack - its quite obvious the writer just took one look at the booklet and seen five guitar players - I very much doubt all five are playing at any one time.

Piled isn't the only spelling mistake - acclaimed also includes a rogue 't'. (edit: just noticed you already mentioned that, Neemo)

First lesson of modern-day professional writing - use a spell-checker

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The circus continues. The album is great, but man that website continues to be a fucking joke.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Actually, as a copy editor Neemo, those commas do belong inside the quotes and Middle Eastern isn't hyphenated, as it is a proper noun. However, everything else you are right about.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

my apologies then.... English definately isnt my area of expertise....i can live with the lack of a hyphen but since the quotes are song titles and not an actual quote from somebody i will have to respectfully disagree on that matter 16

If they would have not put "The fifth track" or "Track No. 12" then there would have been no need at all for the comma's which would have been the route i would've gone, but to each their own i suppose....for that matter, to remain consistent, they should have went either Fifth and Twelfth, or 5th and 12th....but not both 19

also if we are talking about remaining consistent then they didnt put a comma along with (Track No. 9, "Riad N' The Bedouins" [...]) either

although there comes a point on how anal you actually wanna be i suppose, but for a multi million dollar corporation like GnR i would expect perfection for something so simple

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. … &fext=.jsp

Updated again. Ummmm... apparently Slash, Izzy and the rest ruined Use Your Illusions.

Who is the genius behind the controls of this site?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. … &fext=.jsp

Updated again. Ummmm... apparently Slash, Izzy and the rest ruined Use Your Illusions.

Who is the genius behind the controls of this site?

Oh sheesh. That might be the stupidest thing I've ever read. The old members outside of Matt were CRUCIAL to making the UYI's into great records.

Board footer