You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: so, does CD stand up as a Guns N' Roses album?

Neemo wrote:

i reserve judgement until i've soaked up the final mixes a bit

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
faldor wrote:

Absolutely!  This album does it for me, no doubt.  I've been waking up to the sweet sounds of AFD every day for the last 3 years.  That's all gonna change tomorrow.  It's a new era, and I've embraced it.

Well said my friend, I agree with this statement. I've accepted GNR for what it has become, the past is the past. Let it go, for this will become a new journey for us fans, and new fans alike...

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

It stands up brilliantly, IMO.  It's my second favorite Guns album!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

My friend just called me.  They played the whole album on a local station... He heard every song, sat through it all.  He will not buy album.  He said GNR to him meant singing the chorus',playing air guitar, rocking out... He hates the lack of riffs and balls.  He hates the lack of a true guitar hero on ever song.  He misses the anthems, the hooks, the famous chorus'.  Says nothing on the album makes him want to play air drums or pick up the guitar.  He is a GNR, but not like we are...  Just an average fan.  I tend to agree with him.  There is no PC or SCOM or NR epic solo... Or Patience that every one knows every word too.  Walking into a bar, with bitches dancing, what song on new album would they play?  We know PC, SCOM, WTTJ, etc always still get played in bars and are guaranteed good times.  What song does that on this album?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Its better than all the GNR filler.

There isn't anything better than Jungle, PC< SCOM, RQ, NR, Coma or Estranged though.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I love it. This absolutley stands on its own. I dont like to throw this around easily, but I really think it is a masterpiece.

Did I say I loved it?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I think it does stand up as a GN'R record. GN'R has already scraped the bottom of the barrel with TSI so anything better than that counts as standing up as a GN'R record, assuming it sounds like GN'R. Axl's voice = a major factor in the GN'R sound so I think this album qualifies. Lots of good/great songs and a few mediocre ones.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Absofuckinlutely. It's a Guns N' Roses record, and it also stands up to the legend imo.

It's very "big" in every way.

I don't think this album stands up against any of the old GN'R albums because it's not the same kind of music the did back in the day and ofcourse that's because it's not even really a band that played on this album.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yes. I think it's better than UY1 & Spaghetti, but not as good as Lies, UY2 or the big one.

Board footer