You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: CD first impressions

Axlin16 wrote:

It just skips. There's no word. It sounds like a disc scratch, but it's on the actual mix of the song.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Where is that?

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

I have listened twice and can't detect this error. I haven't tried through headphones. What word is he saying when it happens? I listened carefully between 1:15 - 1:30

if we are talking about the same thing it's when he says:

"Sometimes I feel like my life's a catastrophe"

In particular the second before be says "life" there is kind of a jump. To be honest the first time I thought it was a skip on my CD player...but now I wonder if it's deliberate...like either Axl adding in some syncopation to the way he sang it....or maybe even digitally messing with his voice for some reason - kinda like that song by Cher a few years ago (stupid analogy I know). i think the placing in it in those lyrics makes it suspicious for being intentional...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

I have listened twice and can't detect this error. I haven't tried through headphones. What word is he saying when it happens? I listened carefully between 1:15 - 1:30

if we are talking about the same thing it's when he says:

"Sometimes I feel like my life's a catastrophe"

In particular the second before be says "life" there is kind of a jump. To be honest the first time I thought it was a skip on my CD player...but now I wonder if it's deliberate...like either Axl adding in some syncopation to the way he sang it....or maybe even digitally messing with his voice for some reason - kinda like that song by Cher a few years ago (stupid analogy I know). i think the placing in it in those lyrics makes it suspicious for being intentional...

autotune glitch?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

another thing that pisses me off...the bad compression on the drums at the end of better...i always thought it was just something in the tweaking of the leak from antiquiet but it ended up showing on the final cut of the album...i was like WTF? sad

and the bloody roses Better Rio remaster was cool with the echo on axl's vocals....for some reason i was hoping to get that on the "To make you change your mind" line on the final mix

haha monkey...the electric donkey tune by Cher "If You Bereave i rife after rove"...she sounds like fucking scooby doo or something on that song 14

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Over at HTGTH Jarmo just posted this about the skip in the song:

Per Axl:

The song sounds like it should sound.

The skip you hear is intentional. It's not a defect.

/jarmo

Gee apparently the skip was of course intentional, I wouldn't have expected anything less to come out from the propaganda machine.

Well now that Axl has been able to clarify what is going on with a miniscule sound in the song Scraped - perhaps he may like to address some of the bigger isues and share with us what the plan is from here.

Next they will probably send out a myspace bulletin to let everyone know that Axl intentionally wanted to have a skip in the song.  May I suggest they use the template of one stolen motorcycle myspace bulletin for such an alert to the public.  If I recall correctly that when down a real treat with the fans.  16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

LMFAO...Axl directly answered the question about Scraped? What a load of horseshit. Propaganda.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I believe him. Seriously.

The question now is... why Ax? I know I don't get alot of this, and I know you probably cuss and rant over my posts, but seriously man - I don't get it.

It sounds like a disc skip man.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Over at HTGTH Jarmo just posted this about the skip in the song:

Per Axl:

The song sounds like it should sound.

The skip you hear is intentional. It's not a defect.

/jarmo

Finally, he did that long in-depth interview about CD! 5

hmm

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Even if it wasn't a disc skip - the fact is it does sound like one (to me anyhow).  So surely that is not the effect he was trying to convey with the music. 

If Axl couldn't hear it because he is too close to the whole thing (which I could understand, it would get like that after listening to stuff you write over and over) - why again did someone not pipe up and tell Mr Rose that perhaps the way he wanted it, didn't sound quite right.

Presumably because anyone with a backbone and independent thought pattern no long works in that camp.  They were weeded out a long time ago.

Ok - I'll lighten up with the skipping thing now.   But if Axl apparently thought it was worthy of comment, I felt then I could throw my 2 cents in too.  Just from an outsiders pespective a lot of things seem really frustrating.  But many of these things could be fixed by someone with some balls to offer some good constructive criticism - on a lot of things.  We all benefit from that from time to time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

lol...neemo...totally...that's exactly the one I ment. It sounded like that to me. Could have been a defect in autotune except the rest of the album doesnt sound autotuned to my ears...so I was going with intentional.

As much as I hate the propoganda at HTGTH.. (well the slash bashing anyway)....I honestly believe that it was intentional...as I was saying above...fits the context of the lyrics..and when you get used to it I actually think it's kinda cool....

Board footer