You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: CD first impressions

bigbri wrote:

Thought I'd start this topic for those who didn't download the leaks and for those who don't have time to write a full review (like me). Feel free to move this mods if it seems like too much.

Title track remains the best rocker in my opinion. Love Ron's added rhythm.

Shackler
Mostly the same right? Like Pitman's beeps and whistles or whatever they are, they are new I think. I really notice the rhythm this time around. It's frickin' awesome. Don't know who did it (I don't have my booklet while listening on my ipod.) Kudos to whoever it is.

Like the new slide on Better.

I really dig the changes to If The World. It's beefier and more rock. The intro is weird. Thought I had a bad rip at first.

The evil "long time" on TWAT takes some getting used to. Not sure about the new lyrics at the end of Blues.

Catcher. Like May's solo better, but this one isn't as bad as I feared from the comments. I was expecting a total clusterfuck from the comments I've read here. Outro is a bit much as it goes on here (writing as I listen). The added "na na's" seem to be there to keep the song going.

Scraped intro is crap. Total Bucket song. Would probably make a great instrumental. It's growing on me as it goes. Starts off a bit slow.

Rhiad. Intro cool I guess but unnecessary. This solo is far, far inferior to Bucket's. The previous two solos used to have some of the same elements, now they don't.

Sorry. Whoa, I thought I had a Bucket CD pasted in accidentally. Intro notes are straight off Pepper's Ghost or Colma. Vocals and lyrics are stellar. Solo has a definite Population Override feel to it. If you like it, there's a good Bucket CD for ya. Have to quit for now to get to work.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Sorry is definitely the highlight of the album. Wish the album had more tracks like that. This track is a great example of what Axl and Bucket are/were capable of.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, Sorry is definitely the highlight of the album. Wish the album had more tracks like that. This track is a great example of what Axl and Bucket are/were capable of.

Another guitar hero Axl had and somehow pissed away... Shame.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My first impression... CD (the song) threw me back in my fuckin' seat.

Blew me away. Radio does it no justice. ONE OF THE GREATEST OPENING EVER!!!!!!!!!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

i found that the burned leaks.. well... i had to crank em up to 9 or 10 in the car... the cd only at 5 or 6 for it to blow me outta the seat...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the skip on scraped is inexcusable 4

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Neemo wrote:

Where is that?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Where is that?

Around 1:19 or 1:20.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Where is that?

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Where is that?

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

It's not just your disc. I think it was a bad editing job in Pro Tools.

Board footer