You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Favorite Song(s) Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think I saw this yet, so thought it'd be interesting to start it. Please note: it's the "Favorite song" thread, not the "Please discuss the fact you don't have a favorite song & they're all great" thread.

So if you can't think of one or any, please don't post or create a side discussion.

Me, I gotta say CITR caught me by surprise. Myb it's cause the only leak i heard was from youtube & not on a good stereo. But I think it's one of the songs where to me, it sounds like a band. Not a solo album with bits & pieces mixed together. I still like Street of Dreams alot too.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Sorry is my favorite on the album. Next favorite would probably be TWAT, although I'm not a fan of the deep background vocals that Axl has added.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

This I Love smile

Still haven't listened to the full album in its released form mind you.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I cant think of a favourite, I keep playing Madagascar so mabye thats the one.

This I Love sounds more like a Lionel Ritchie song than Guns N'Roses. I'm not knocking Lionel, the guys a legend, I just never knew GN'R fans were such a soppy bunch.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

favorites are hard so i'll leave it at TWAT, Scraped or Maddy. Prolly TWAT. Had it as a ringtone since it leaked in 06

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

This I Love, Sorry, Prostitute

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

TWAT, Sorry, Scraped.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

One one time, I had a definitive favorite, but the album has thrown me into a 'melee' for a winner.

My fav's...

If The World - this song grows and grows on me the more I hear it. I gave it a 5/5 in the reviews thread, but it is 'becoming' a favorite. Very different, and cool.

TWAT - always been a favorite, but the studio version is even better. One of the most epic songs i've ever heard, exhausting to listen to, and just - wow.

Sorry - an amazing 'Big Gun' that Axl had up his sleeve. This track says it all about Mr. Rose, his feelings, and the last 15 years. Instantly a GN'R classic.

Madagascar - loved it in 2001, love it now. Just continues to age like fine wine. One of my GN'R favorites - ever.

This I Love - a totally different GN'R, and something that just stuns me at it's beauty. This gets stuck in your head. It's almost 'stalker-ish' in a way.

Prostitute - another 'Big Gun' that Axl had waiting in the wings. One of the most beautiful songs i've ever heard, and the outro is heavenly.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Without a doubt "This I Love" Amazing song, lyrical masterpiece.

Someone nailed it when they commented "the song is the sound of the heart breaking."

I also have no doubt in my mind and I am convinced 100% that the song is the immediate sequel to November Rain.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This I Love
Sorry
TWAT (although the demo was better)
Chinese Democracy

Board footer