You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Rate it?!

PaSnow wrote:

Try to not factor in the wait, or if it's worth the wait. Just overall on the album itself.

I give it an 8. Pretty solid.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'll give it an 8. The music is very good, but some of it is bogged down in over-production issues. And a few of the songs shouldn't be on the album (Scraped, Shackler's, and Riad come to mind).

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

love the album, gave it a 9. i'll gladly defend my rating to all comers!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'll give it an 8. The music is very good, but some of it is bogged down in over-production issues. And a few of the songs shouldn't be on the album (Scraped, Shackler's, and Riad come to mind).

I agree. Surprised we're giving it 8's, but it's ok. I think I understand his direction, I may not agree with it, or like it, but I see where he was going.. (i think?! hmm)

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I give it an 8. I feel it could be a 9 or 9.5 if the production was better and if some of the solos were left in...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

9. fantastic album. exceeded my expectations.

based on leaks, i was thinking it was a 7 or 8. i thought the final 3 songs that i hadn't heard needed to be spectacular. i thought there was little chance of that happening, yet those 3 (sorry, TIL, and scraped) are in my top 5 or 6 songs on the album. two of them are in my top 3.

Axl came through.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'll give it a 7.  Some of it musically is better than I expected, but the production values and the overkill of sounds bring the overall value down in my mind.  I've only given it one listen start to finish, so it may change as I listen more.  I'd have loved to have heard this album as a Rose/BH/any old rhythm guitarist/Tommy/Brain/Dizzy (if I must) album.  Axl just nails the song structures but needs someone to tell him enough is enough with the adding parts here and there.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I gave it a seven

Board footer