You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: This I Love

jorge76 wrote:
Bono wrote:

On first listen I was like "what the hell" 30 seconds in but my confusion quickly turned to amazement. I think it's awesome.  I love Robin's solo even though I know alot of people have been saying it's a poor man's Slash. Still I think it's  agreat song.

The solo is good, but all I think every time I hear it is that it's BEGGING for Slash's guitar tone.  But they obviously couldn't have tried to recreate that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

This I Love... one of Axl's finest hours. And the guitar work is fine. People are just complaining, because they know what Slash could've done with it. Robin might be average, but he did fine with it.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the thing about robin is that he's amazing and offsets the technical guitar tricks of buckethead and bumblefoot quite well.

Fixed 5

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ i would never spout such nonsense....are you sure you're a guitar player 16 19

robin has his moments....but not too often

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This I Love... one of Axl's finest hours. And the guitar work is fine. People are just complaining, because they know what Slash could've done with it. Robin might be average, but he did fine with it.

That's a fair argument.  However "average" and "fine" just don't cut it on a song that is screaming to be much more.   Just my opinion but I think that is why I can't truly be happy with the song.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Or we can imagine what Bh could have done with it.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That would only make me cry!  More Bucket could have REALLY elevated this album so easily.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That would only make me cry!  More Bucket could have REALLY elevated this album so easily.

I want the demos of Bh to leak.  I'd love to hear him on Scrapped and Shackler's.  Maybe there is even one of him on Catcher somewhere. 

I still don't see why Axl did ask Bucket to do the solo on This I Love- it could have been a huge song.  For me, the current guitar solo just seems so anti-climactic.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

This I Love is my favorite probably. I love that song. It is classic Axl.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

This I love kinda reminded me of this Lionel Ritchie song first I heard it lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZcqBgC … re=related

I'm amazed at the popularity of TIL, I wonder how many of the fanboys would be hailing it the greatest song ever, if someone else sung it. Me finks it would slip under their radar.

Board footer