You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: This I Love

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. I've said this since I first heard the leak about a month ago... November Rain was Axl's Elton John song / This I Love is Axl's Freddie Mercury song.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'm amazed at the popularity of TIL, I wonder how many of the fanboys would be hailing it the greatest song ever, if someone else sung it. Me finks it would slip under their radar.

I think that's a  credit to Axl's talent as a singer. I mean I'll admit if it had been Chad Kroger or Mariah Carey or the guy from Keane singing it. it might just be your average piano ballad. But Axl's voice elevates it to such awesome heights.

See I'm not a hater 16

Agreed.  None of those other singers you listed could give it the amount of emotion that Axl did.  Even if they tried to imitate him, it wouldn't live up.  This song is his baby, and it really shows.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i played it for my wife....she didnt like it...said axl was tring to hard to recreate november rain and falling very short...she thought the guitar solo was terrible

I really dig this.  I think it sounds like a broadway song to be honest with you.  The way he carries the notes are very much like those of the songs you'd hear on the play stage.   I love it, I think it's a very heartfelt song and sung straight from his heart.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i played it for my wife....she didnt like it...said axl was tring to hard to recreate november rain and falling very short...she thought the guitar solo was terrible

It's not trying to be November Rain though....its like the aftermath of it. End of the November Rain video Axl's wife dies. This I Love is like him coming to terms with that and moving on, this is referenced as he's talking about giving up his "ghost of bride" The two songs gel off each other perfectly. Listen to November Rain then immediately afterwards listen to This I Love. Although Axl's vocal ability is alot weaker in This I Love for obvious reasons I think that works to an advantage. A music video of This I Love would be amazing. Imagine Axl sitting at the piano again in a suit lookin older and singing this ballad as a follow up from 1992's NR.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

my wife isnt by any means a gnr fan...was just giving an opinion of someone way outside of the gnr community...she thinks my gnr fascination is unhealthy and doesnt want an explination to why or whynot a song is the was it is 16

personally i'm still unsure how to take the song in...like dtj said its like a broadway song....its just odd for me to hear axl in that mode

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

It reminds of something off of Disney's "Hunchback of Notre Dame" soundtrack...which I think is s a good thing.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I would like to hear an instrumental of this, that would be pretty neat.

I'm still not into the guitar solo, it just sounds a little too harsh and rough in contrast. A more eloquent and imaginative solo would elevate the song for me.

I havnt been looking for it, but I still havnt noticed the harp lady.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Oh mabye I have, is she playing along with the piano the whole time?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer