You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The layering on CD

Neemo wrote:

there is so much stuff going on that you really gotta listen closely to some of it...this afternoon i first noticed the demonic voice in TWAT....i was like WHOA!

Baz is hard to hear on Sorry but he's there in the last verse for sure, its hard to say though cuz there is at least 3 axls in the mix as well

there is also a cool guitar solo in Catcher i think buried under the piano at the end

I wonder if axl begain to feel obligated to include all these guys or if he truely always was looking for this much sound....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"This album is very rich" - Chris Pitman

Truer words have never been spoken. I instantly loved CD, i'm sure in 10 years, like with the Illusions, people will look back on it as a masterpiece.

You just can't absorb it all in one listen. Which is why I don't think it was intended for the album to be a success. In a weird way, it's an album for the fans. A child only a mother (Axl) or a big brother (fans) could love.

I think all this depth was intentional.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

"This album is very rich" - Chris Pitman

Truer words have never been spoken. I instantly loved CD, i'm sure in 10 years, like with the Illusions, people will look back on it as a masterpiece.

You just can't absorb it all in one listen. Which is why I don't think it was intended for the album to be a success. In a weird way, it's an album for the fans. A child only a mother (Axl) or a big brother (fans) could love.

Jungle & Sweet Child fans hate this album, and they should. They're fucking dumbass fans to begin with.

Hey, screw you! I'm a huge Jungle and SCOM fan but I love CD too. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually Jungle's in my Top-5.

I think the point is, are casual people who have no investment in the band, dictating it's legitmacy.

I've always been bothered by that.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

You guys should take these tracks to a professional studio and listen to them through the mixers headphones.

It's got a lot of stuff on it, especially CITR.  Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's not.  To me the over  But, you can really here the punch ins and layers of overdubs. It's obvious that these guys were never in the same room together.
Riad-n-the bedouins sounds very bizarre and lacking.

To me the overproduction begins to overshadow the songs, beginning with catcher and continue through the rest of the album, with the exception of This I Love.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
skippy wrote:

You guys should take these tracks to a professional studio and listen to them through the mixers headphones.

It's got a lot of stuff on it, especially CITR.  Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's not.  To me the over  But, you can really here the punch ins and layers of overdubs. It's obvious that these guys were never in the same room together.
Riad-n-the bedouins sounds very bizarre and lacking.

To me the overproduction begins to overshadow the songs, beginning with catcher and continue through the rest of the album, with the exception of This I Love.

Sorry doesn't sound overproduced to me.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Not trying to argue, totally respect your opinion I just find this album to be totally different beast when listened to through pro equipment.

For example in Sorry, I find the reversal of the snare drum immediately following each hit, to be a bit of overkill.  There's layers of vocals and some "outer space noises" that don't really touch me in any way, other than to add busy-ness to the track.

Obviously, Axl spent a lot of time dicking around with this stuff, and in some cases he added too many different spices to the soup.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
skippy wrote:

Not trying to argue, totally respect your opinion I just find this album to be totally different beast when listened to through pro equipment.

For example in Sorry, I find the reversal of the snare drum immediately following each hit, to be a bit of overkill.  There's layers of vocals and some "outer space noises" that don't really touch me in any way, other than to add busy-ness to the track.

Obviously, Axl spent a lot of time dicking around with this stuff, and in some cases he added too many different spices to the soup.

Oh I don't disagree (except for that track). Sorry and This I Love are probably the two tracks on the album to me that don't feel overproduced. The rest of it definitely does feel that way.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Where is the demonic voice in TWAT?

I admit the album is busy, but it doesn't really bother me. When it doesn't take away from the vocals or mashes everything to where it drowns things way too far out, it's really cool. I mean, how many films have people seen where they pick up on little things each time they watch it because the film was full of art and subtleties?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Brett wrote:

Where is the demonic voice in TWAT?

I admit the album is busy, but it doesn't really bother me. When it doesn't take away from the vocals or mashes everything to where it drowns things way too far out, it's really cool. I mean, how many films have people seen where they pick up on little things each time they watch it because the film was full of art and subtleties?

It's a backing vocal when Axl is singing "it was a long time for me, it was the wrong time for you" or whatever the fuck the lyrics are on that part of the song. 16

The demon basically echoes "long time"..."wrong time." It sounds fucking retarded. Wish he hadn't put it in there.

Board footer