You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Predictions: 1st week U.S. sales will be...

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

not looking good boys and girls, I would have thought 500,000 to 600,000. 18:nervous::ummm:

KANYE CAUSES HEARTBREAK FOR CHALLENGERS

West’s New Album Will Approach 500k, as Guns (300k), Ludacris (225k) and The Killers (200k) All Trail

Considering all the hype for this record and the fact it was released under the GNR name, that is pretty troubling for the GNR camp. I realize we're in an era where album sales aren't near what they used to be, but it should have been higher and this shows Axl that the GNR name doesn't pull as much weight as it used to.

300k is more than my initial prediction, but they cant be too happy about this.

A Barry Manilow hits album sold almost a third of what Chinese Democracy is expected to sell.

Not this stupid shit again...people might waste their time voting multiple times for the singles, but most of the people that were going to buy multiple copies already did so.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

I agree with you on that point, but let's not refer to peoples posts as "stupid shit". He isn't trolling so there's no need to take such a harsh tone. He just wants the album to succeed. Like you said though, the multiple copy buyers are already done buying, and its time for Joe Public to be the deciding factor.

What's the latest on CD and Better as singles?  I haven't heard anyone glaoting about it recently, so I'm going to go with not good.

Yeah the silence at all these sites regarding the album's catchiest track speaks volumes about its chart position without even needing to look at the charts.

When a washed up AC/DC sells 748,000 and Metallica does around 600,000 (very very similar acts to Gnr in terms of stature), 300k from Gnr is NOT good. It tells you the brand can't overcome the damage that has been done by the breakup of the original band....even I will admit that. The record has gotten, overall, very good critical reviews. Of course, the general public doesn't give a shit about most reviews. On the flip side, if this thing tanks, maybe Axl will dump all the remaining material in to a box set special edition for the hard cores and call it a day with the remnants of the "new" Gnr. We'll know what's gonna happen by the end of the year.

As for the single, CD is number 6 on Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks after 4 weeks.:ummm:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i am not worried. cd will have more "staying power" than some us think IMO.

blind generalization in three....two...one...rock fans are older and more intelligent than kanye west/ludacris/flavor of the month type fans. a lot of us also have bills to pay, kids to get to school, turkeys to cook, etc.

there are a lot of people out there that haven't gotten the cd that will get around to it at some point like when they need a new microwave or something

neither of their singles are mainstream songs either. you can't compete with mainstream albums when you are only appealing to rock stations. that will change, hopefully, with the next single

the hype is not as relevant as we expected when the masses don't follow current news/events like us old timers do.

they've planted a good seed though. video games, movies, and now wrestling, streaming the album free on the radio and still on myspace page which has over 7 million listens.

add water and sunlight and a more mainsteram single and more people might catch on to it. timing is everything. they may be spreading things out.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

This is what happens when there's no interview, no video, no nothing. People need shit crammed down their throats. The BB exclusivity doesn't help chart position, but the total lack of promotion speaks volumes.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

i am not worried. cd will have more "staying power" than some us think IMO.

blind generalization in three....two...one...rock fans are older and more intelligent than kanye west/ludacris/flavor of the month type fans. a lot of us also have bills to pay, kids to get to school, turkeys to cook, etc.

there are a lot of people out there that haven't gotten the cd that will get around to it at some point like when they need a new microwave or something

neither of their singles are mainstream songs either. you can't compete with mainstream albums when you are only appealing to rock stations. that will change, hopefully, with the next single

the hype is not as relevant as we expected when the masses don't follow current news/events like us old timers do.

they've planted a good seed though. video games, movies, and now wrestling, streaming the album free on the radio and still on myspace page which has over 7 million listens.

add water and sunlight and a more mainsteram single and more people might catch on to it. timing is everything. they may be spreading things out.

That is where I completely disgaree. I've always felt this album's success would be imediate. Not a  slow burn. This labum in my opinion will NOT have any staying power. It's gonna hit "hard" simmer quickly and be forgotten within the year. It will never be an album that masses look back on.

the excuses don't hold any water either. Gn'R fans have bills to pay? And others fans don't? C'mon. U2 fans have bills to pay and their album will sell close to a million copies in week one if not more. AC/DC sold close to a million in week one and I'm sure their fans have bills, child support and public intoxication tickets to pay as well. Metallica sold double what CD is going to do?  C'mon those fans have real life stuff to deal with as well. The excuse that Gn'R fans just haven't gotten around to it yet but they will is really a  stretch. And to start saying "Better" isn't mainstreme enough to eb a radio hit is a massive backpeddle job. "Better" was the 31 consenses among fans to be a hit on radio so now it's not mainstreme enough?

16 Sorry about the little joke about AC/DC fans.

war

war wrote:

i repspect your opinion for it is similar to the majority of people here if i can assume so much but just to correct you.......

i am not comparing gnr fans to u2 fans,
as i stated, i am comparing them to the fans of the artists that are above gnr on the charts right now, like kanye and......

his fans don't have bills to pay and if you have your own kids and are entertaining your family at your house for thanksgiving tomorrow and kanye west is in your cd player - there is something wrong wtih you

fair enough?

by the way, better is poppy but it is still rock station material IMO
you won't hear better on the same stations as ludacris and kanye

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

i repspect your opinion for it is similar to the majority of people here if i can assume so much but just to correct you.......

i am not comparing gnr fans to u2 fans,
as i stated, i am comparing them to the fans of the artists that are above gnr on the charts right now, like kanye and......

his fans don't have bills to pay. if you have kids and are entertaining your family at your house for thanksgiving tomorrow and kanye west is in your cd player - there is something wrong wtih you

fair enough?

by the way, better is poppy but it is still rock station material IMO

16:haha::haha:  Yes that is fair enough. Sad part is I know alot of people my age who like Kanye. he's not just a teeny bopper artist.

I've yet to hear Better on radio which sucks cause I want to know what the guy I work with thinks about it. he hates CD(only person I know who actually "hates" it) but I think he might like Better.

war

war wrote:

hmmm
better is on constantly here in minneapolis
more so than cd was the first week

sorry to disrespect your friends' musical taste....
it's too bad these mediocre talents are what's shoved down our throats by the industry

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm here in FL, and I STILL haven't heard Better on the radio. Not once.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

#1 Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy
#2 Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth
#3 Disturbed - Indestructible
#4 Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
#5 Mudvayne - Do What You Do The New Game
#6 The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
#7 AC/DC - Rock N' Roll Train
#8 Guns N' Roses - Better
#9 Rise Against - Re-Education(Through Labour)

www.htzfm.com/polls

Board footer