You are not logged in. Please register or login.

HiredGunz98
 Rep: 1 

Re: Axl can't make Videos without Robin Finck & Buckethead

HiredGunz98 wrote:

It would be like not having Slash for November Rain. I think We will just have this album, and no videos . Axl will just go into hiding ala Jim Morrison except Axl wont be tripped out on acid.

Axl you are the man. Thanks for Chinese Democracy!!!

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

What can he do... unless they make a video with the band being in the video?

HiredGunz98

HiredGunz98 wrote:

Lets say if they decide to do a video for "This I Love"......... Not to knock Bumblefoot or Fortus both are very talented but it would be stupid to have them pretend to do the solos that we all know were performed on the album by Finck or Buckethead.

GnR needs a Guitarist thats has a comniation of great technicals and showmanship... Buckethead certainly brings that and so does Fink to some extent. Bumblefoot I'm not so sure he's lead guitarist material.

So it would be really hard to do videos much less a good tour without a top tier Guitarist.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

Here are the remaining tour dates for NIN

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall. … green.y=17

And here are Buckethead's. If BH is coming back to GNR there won't be a NYE show...

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall. … ll&PSKey=Y

Look for summer tour and a music video in 2009

HiredGunz98

HiredGunz98 wrote:

I'm not sure if Buckethead and Axl are on good terms can anyone verify that?. I would bet on a Fink return more than Buckethead, but who knows if Finck left on good terms either

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm sorry to suggest this but I really think any videos we may get would be 95% clips of the 02 and especially 06 tour. Anything else would probably be non-band member shots of China or fans or something.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Communist China wrote:

I'm sorry to suggest this but I really think any videos we may get would be 95% clips of the 02 and especially 06 tour. Anything else would probably be non-band member shots of China or fans or something.

I agree, I've always thought the videos would be mostly live footage anyway. Now with several key members no longer present it seems an even more logical option. Why they haven't done it is beyond me, a day in an editing sweet with 02 and 06 tour footage any voila, a decent video for Better.

All I can think is that maybe Axl did have an idea for a video(s) but needs BH/Finck and without them he's decided not to do anything?

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
HiredGunz98 wrote:

I'm not sure if Buckethead and Axl are on good terms can anyone verify that?. I would bet on a Fink return more than Buckethead, but who knows if Finck left on good terms either

I agree 100% I don't see why anyone supports the notion that BH will be back in GNR. The only argument that can be made is that his special thanks and a photo of him appears in the album cover...And it is odd that the first two pics are Axl and BH... Other than that, I would have to say BH won't be back, but who knows. I guess we'll know "soon" 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Buckethead. Never.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Summer 2009?  The CD hype won't survive that long.  It will be a 2006 tour all over again.

Board footer