You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Is it possible Axl is "boycotting" the album?

Olorin wrote:

I wouldnt be suprised if he feels he has expressed his sentiments explicitly on the record, and therefore has no need to say anymore at this time.

He could just be playing up the role as the "mythical" Axl Rose as well.

Mabye things will pick up in December when they release Better, surely there will at least be a video for that.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Brett wrote:
Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Maybe that's the idea. If it fails you can own the failure that way by going "well it's not that my music isn't liked, it's that the industry is fickle and i didn't want to jump through their hoops". would be an easier psychological release.

For the record...i think the album is great....and I think lots of people would like it if only they got more publicity going!

Man that last part is a sad statement.  I think you summed up the attitute of the mainstream with that last part.  Some people like what's popular, somehow they forgot about quality.

Nah, it's a true statement. Mainstream or underground, people have to know what's coming out to buy it. You can't not promote something and expect everyone to learn about it and buy it, especially those who don't breathe GNR. Promotion isn't about quality, it's about mashing it into the head of the common idiot.

Really, GNR was as popular as you can get and now we're calling the mainstream assholes because they don't know enough about the album to care that it's come out? You're forgetting the teens of today were barely born when UYI dropped! To them, GNR is just another band. The guys who made Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child O'Mine. Estranged, who? Coma... huh? If you're gonna break into the world of the bigwigs (which had to have been Axl's goal all along, but to do it his way), you can't just sit around and hope shit happens.

I never once said it wasn't true.  It's a sad statement because of the truth behind it.

I'm not forgetting the teens of today.  That is part of who i was addresing.  They put popularity over quality.  That's why Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers are so big.  They are popular, that's it. 

Just wondering, but did you even read my post?

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Yeah, it's another one of those "people today don't care about quality" posts when people do care about quality, idiots and 14 year-olds don't. The trick is to get the idiots on board with you. It's not like the 80s (or any other decade) didn't have its share of crap  purchased because of name sake and popularity/appearance. The 00s have taken a disturbingly terrible decline in quality compared to anything else, though.

The true comment I was referring to was the fact that with more promotion and the overall quality of the songs, the album could have been a lot bigger. I'm sure you would agree.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Brett wrote:

Yeah, it's another one of those "people today don't care about quality" posts when people do care about quality, idiots and 14 year-olds don't. The trick is to get the idiots on board with you. It's not like the 80s (or any other decade) didn't have its share of crap  purchased because of name sake and popularity/appearance. The 00s have taken a disturbingly terrible decline in quality compared to anything else, though.

The true comment I was referring to was the fact that with more promotion and the overall quality of the songs, the album could have been a lot bigger. I'm sure you would agree.

So you still took what i said wrong.  I said some people, refering to what you called idiots and 14 year olds. 

This album could be a lot bigger than it is now.  I don't know why it isn't being promoted.  I guess there'd have to be a full band in place to really do that though.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Eric Romano wrote:

I see some of you wished Axl Rose a happy thanksgiving day in another thread.

Just received call from Axl Rose, he asked me to post that he wishes a happy T-day to everyone from GNR.

Looks like Axl is reading the forums, Mygnr and HTGTH anyway, but is delaying making an official announcement for the time being.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

eric romano recieves calls from Axl?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

who the  hell is eric romano? Ray's brother?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

14 bigbri hes the mygnr owner

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

ahhh, that makes sense. They are all in bed together.

He probably got an email, not a call, but hey, whatever.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl reads ALL the forums. At least the more significant ones, like MyGNR, HTGTH, CD.com, and here.

Remember MyGNR & HTGTH were deleting any negative discussion about the tracks on CD, we started talking about the Scraped skip, and suddenly there's a statement about on HTGTH through Jarmo about the skip, when they weren't even covering it.

We also were the only place allowing discussions of the leaks, and suddenly Baz is out there talking about all leaks being fake. (which was bs)

Board footer