You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Musician's comment on Guns N Roses/Chinese Democracy

Neemo wrote:

VINCE NEIL Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'Not Really GUNS N' ROSES' - Nov. 26, 2008

MÖTLEY CRÜE's Vince Neil has told MTV.com that he thinks KANYE WEST will win the battle of charts over GUNS N' ROSES. The rapper released his fourth album, "808s And Heartbreak", the same week as GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited "Chinese Democracy", and music-industry insiders are curious to see who will end up opening at No. 1 when sales figures are released December 3

"It will probably be close, but Kanye will probably take it," Vince told MTV.com. "The thing about GUNS N' ROSES is, it's not really GUNS N' ROSES. If Slash and Duff were still in it, I'd be a little more excited. Hopefully, it's a good album. I hope it's worth it, because they spent a lot of money and a lot of time on it. I like to record in two weeks, so I never second-guess myself.

mtv link: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/160014 … oses.jhtml

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=109658

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

MATT SORUM Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is A 'Toe-Tapper' - Nov. 28, 2008 

TMZ.com has uploaded video footage of former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER drummer Matt Sorum at the Los Angeles airport on his way to Toronto to perform at tonight's (Friday, November 28) Canadian Aboriginal Music Awards with guitarist Stevie Salas. When asked by the cameraman if he's heard the new GUNS N' ROSES album "Chinese Democracy" and what he thought of it, Sorum hesitated for a few seconds before replying, "It's a toe-tapper."

Sorum and Salas will be joined by Jara Slapbak on bass for tonight's performance. According to Salas, "I have recorded with Matt plenty of times, but Matt gettin' funky on songs like 'Born To Mack' and 'Blind' is something to see and hear! He is awesome, and as always, Jara in on point."

Salas has previously played with George Clinton and Mick Jagger, among others.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=109658

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i love the crue, but this takes balls considering they toured as Motley Crue without the original lead singer...

NIKKI SIXX Says 'Chinese Democracy' Is 'Not A GUNS N' ROSES Record' - Nov. 19, 2008 

According to The Pulse of Radio, the new GUNS N' ROSES album, "Chinese Democracy", was leaked online in its entirety on Tuesday (November 18), finally giving anyone with access to BitTorrent and RapidShare sites a chance to hear the record that has been 13 years in the making. The disc comes out legally on Sunday (November 23) exclusively through Best Buy. One person who's curious to hear it is MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx, although he told The Pulse of Radio he has some reservations. "I don't know if I believe it's a GUNS N' ROSES record, because it's just Axl," he said. "I think it's a phenomenal solo record, I'm sure, but as far as being a GUNS N' ROSES record, you know, I'd love to hear GUNS N' ROSES together because we believed in that band. You know, Axl's the type of artist who will make sure it's a great record, but it's not a GUNS N' ROSES record, it's an Axl Rose record. We need to be careful with the brand name."

GUNS N' ROSES once opened for MÖTLEY CRÜE back in the late Eighties.

Singer Axl Rose is the sole remaining original member of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup. A revolving cast of musicians have performed on "Chinese Democracy".

Although vocalist Vince Neil and drummer Tommy Lee have both left MÖTLEY CRÜE at various points, there have always been at least three original members in the group.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I want somebody to ask Adler his opinion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"I like to record in two weeks, so I never second-guess myself." - Vince Neil

That's why your music fucking sucks, and has since about 1989.

And as for everyone else's comments, I think people need to not give them a hard time. Remember, they were there. They were there at the birth of GN'R. They saw the next Stones or Queen type of band, what their potential was.

It's got to be as weird for them as it is for Slash, Duff, Izzy & Matt themselves.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

These articles are one of the reasons why i was always unsure about keeping the name. There is a backlash from fans of the old band, famous and not about it, and every article becomes about that - when they should be talking more about what an excellent album it is.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Funny how Motley Crue toured without their lead singer then....and super-flopped when they did.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Funny how Motley Crue toured without their lead singer then....and super-flopped when they did.

What's so funny about it. That album was actually pretty good but it wasn't Motley Crue withouth Vince. The fan kenw it and the band eventually figured it out. Motley Crue's album without Vince is alot better than anything VR has done in my opinion. VR benifited from an era where the musical "competition" wasn't nearly as stiff.  MOtley Crue's self titled album is actually pretty good.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

What's so funny about it. That album was actually pretty good but it wasn't Motley Crue withouth Vince. The fan kenw it and the band eventually figured it out. Motley Crue's album without Vince is alot better than anything VR has done in my opinion. VR benifited from an era where the musical "competition" wasn't nearly as stiff.  MOtley Crue's self titled album is actually pretty good.

it's very good.. it didn't sell... so motley lost their balls and crawled back to vince...
that's why i say fuck a reunion... axl has more integrity.. at least i would hope so

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

it's very good.. it didn't sell... so motley lost their balls and crawled back to vince...
that's why i say fuck a reunion... axl has more integrity.. at least i would hope so

I dont' see how Axl going back with Slash and Duff would mean he has a lack of integrity in any way shape or form. Why is it that Axl has more integrity than that? Is that to say Slash and Duff don't have any integrity so a reuniuon for them would be fine?  I just don't get that line of thinking. How is a reunion reflect negatively on anyone's integrity?

Board footer