You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Musician's comment on Guns N Roses/Chinese Democracy

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I certaintly won't deny that CD is an album for the fans. The fans were the only one's who truely appreciated Axl's vision for the epics to begin with. November Rain just happened to be the rare case that one of them became a hit.

The casual listener is looking for everything to be the next Jungle, City, Child or Patience...

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Something like them, getting them would never happen. Better and This I Love are certainly very radio friendly, it could be done. It still might... we'll see what happens December 2. I was thinking the other night that they really might try to maximize the album's staying power with a bit of space between singles. I had thought maybe they expected to just debut at #1, then throw Better out there to stay on the charts for the mainstream rather than blowing the wad on week 1 sales like everyone seems to now.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

heres what some ppl think of justthe title track alone 

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/chine … s-verdict/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Those guys are ALOT more forgiving than I thought they'd be.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Every complaint I hear is it isn't a GNR album

For better or worse you are who u are. U can evolve and change but u have to keep the elements that made people a fan in the first place.

CD has few of those elements in my opinion.

It is an amazing record.

I say this with Prince all the time.

if you took some of Prince's albums and had a brand new artist release it, they would be mega million sellers and albums of the year but because people already have their minds made up about him, he doesn't get a fair shake.

same with Axl, if he had released it as Axl Rose, maybe people wouldn't be so disappointed that nothing on it sounds or kicks ass like anything on appetite.

Its a great record, just not a great Guns N Roses record because it is just such a new style etc.

It would be like if Rob Thomas released that crap solo album he did under Matchbox 20 or if Jon Bon Jovi had released his solo albums under Bon Jovi. they wouldn't have been well received.

Board footer