You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Thoughts On "Excuses"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't think they'll start coming up with excuses this early in the game.  It's only week one.  Kanye West is a huge modern day artist, and has been for some time now.  It's no shame coming in second place to him.  Not sure who Metallica and ACDC had as competition when their CD's came out, but I imagine the competition wasn't as stiff.

IF for some reason Chinese Democracy doesn't continue to sell well in the coming weeks/months then you may be right.  Excuses could start to fly, but I think it'd be a bit premature to start in with that at this point.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

A bit to early for this don't u think?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They always blame somebody else.  I don't think it's too early to start guessing who they will blame or how.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure they'll go all "Oh My God" on us, and start talking about how these were not the finished intended versions approved by Axl, the album was rushed, it's Azoff/Gould's fault, Best Buy mishandled promotion, the fault of the downloading mother fuckers... blah blah blah.

It'll just further alienate them, and make them look dumber. Hate to break it to them, but those "downloading mother fuckers", were probably the same exact people there on DAY ONE to buy the album. They're the diehards. The same ones who were at the BO day one when concert tix go on sale. Those types. And that will be turning on them. Their final line of supporters.

I hope Axl just plays it classy, and goes with the flow, realizing it is what it is, and life goes on.

If they go start throwing blame around, and blaming all kinds of different people - i'll be done. I mean i'll still post here, but my support of GN'R, in it's current form, will be over. No concerts, no merch, no good word, no "street team" type of attitude. Nothing.

I'll just sit back, wait until the next album, if it ever happens, and just talk about the good 'ole days ('87-'93).

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

As I've said elsewhere, having the the "we're going after Dr. Pepper" story be the first real communication from the GNR camp after the album's release does not bode well.

If Axl/GNR aren't going to do any press to support the album, then they shouldn't do any press to back-pedal or make excuses, either.  I hope that isn't what happens.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

The excuses will fly left, right and center. The Dr. Pepper thing is already a  joke. Fucking goofs eve bother with that is beyond me. The most anticipated album ever is relased and the only word we hear form Gn'R camp is them bitching about how Dr. Pepper screwed it's customers out of a free can of pop!? Hey Gn'R take a look in the mirror you idiots. Gn'R bitching about somone else ripping their fans off? Laughable. Makes them look so pathetic They were actually talking about that on the radio here yesterday. The dj's were laughing their asses off at how lame Gn'R was to even waste 5 mintes worrying about Dr. Pepper.

Anyways back to the excuses. They will come in all shapes and sizes. Some of it will be expecetd and some of it will makes even us scratch our heads.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dr Pepper was screwed the second they used axl, gnr and CD as marketing tools without consent from the band...and i wonder if that letter to DrP was even supposed to be seen by the public...Best Buy may have a go at them as well since they have the exclusive rights on the thing

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm sure they'll go all "Oh My God" on us, and start talking about how these were not the finished intended versions approved by Axl, the album was rushed, it's Azoff/Gould's fault, Best Buy mishandled promotion, the fault of the downloading mother fuckers... blah blah blah.

I believe this isn't how Axl intended for the album to be released. He must surely have realised he'd missed his window of opportunity, both with the 2000 lineup and again the '06 buildup. The music industry has changed so dramatically and Axls found himself without his first choice of band.

In my opinion Axls tired of the whole ordeal; much like a good percentage of the fanbase have been feeling. Instead of celebrating the release there are a number of die-hard fans who simply wanted closure, release the damn album and let's all move on. Axls failure to promote this album shows he's lost interest, he had no desire to drag this out any further by touring/re-recording; and so he called in new management who in their half-assed corporate ways bundled together a collection of songs, 11 of 14 we'd already heard and sold this version of "Chinese Democracy" as an exclusive to the highest bidder ~ Best Buy.

Axl has wiped the debt to his label in the process. Whilst Azoff will try his best to force Axls hand into a reunion I think its a safe bet that Axl will simply fire Azoff and return to his studio.

If anyone gets blamed I think it will be Azoff. Axl knows full well that Azoff will be thinking "reunion dollars", may as well play along with his wishful thinking if it means he'll clear the debt to the label. Now that he's done so Axl doesn't need him, if he wanted a reunion all he'd have to do is call Izzy and tell him to round up the troops.

I may not like the leeching "GNR family" Axl surrounds himself with but I won't underdemine Axls intelligence when it comes to business.

smile

Board footer