You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Thoughts On "Excuses"

Smoking Guns wrote:
DCK wrote:

Why should it be a solo effort? It's been quite clear for 15 years it wasn't.

If you want to connect the past with the present, then either try to be like the past, or drop the past all together.  If not, be a solo artist like Ozzy and you won't have to fight the Black Sabbath comparison daily.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What if all of us only bought 1 copy...... How much worse would it have been?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

D-Machine wrote:

Better, If The World or even Shackler's
FUCK, Id take Scraped over CD as the first single minus the Gay intro.

I think Scraped could be quite a significant seller for the band if they get a gateway single, i.e. one that gets everyone's attention.

Better could be that song. Even thought it leaked two years ago, I think it is new to enough people to get some momentum going.

Scraped would work. This I Love could be a Fall to Pieces type single for CD.

There is material to work with but I agree there are not many songs I would consider as strong selling single material.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cd was nothing more than to warm the world up for the comeback

look at afd...ise barely did anything it wasnt until later that they came on strong

CD was a decent single imo...first off it was the title trackm second it showed the world they werent the same band, with better coming out now most people think that is the heavy hitter on the album...next single will be a ballad

we're too quick to count our chickens before they hatch around here

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I agree Neemo. Honestly, I can't believe how so many are cutting this thing loose after 7 days.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The world does not work now, like it did in 1987, and CD is NOTHING like AFD in terms of style, art, situation, or direction.

If you guys think that this is going to be a "grower" with an already bankable name, you are seriously living in la la land.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The world does not work now, like it did in 1987, and CD is NOTHING like AFD in terms of style, art, situation, or direction.

If you guys think that this is going to be a "grower" with an already bankable name, you are seriously living in la la land.

you are a bit confused at times eh?

one minute you are a huge supporter and next you cry doomsday ... whats up with that anyway hmm

I'm just not willign to count everythign out in week one, i'm waiting to see where things stand after xmas or in march or something..for fuck sakes the real promo hasnt even started yet, CD has from now until the end of time to pick up sales..IMO the big hurdle was getting it out, now that that is in the past i'm more than willing to see where the road takes us, beleive me i have been in the negative seat for a while now...just to me, at this time, we should be at least somewhat positive, because this is what we've dreamed for all these long years

frankly its boring to see every thread turn into either a reunion thread or a botched sales/promotion thread

"the music is great but its a failure" i mean c'mon arent you excited to actually have a build up to a tour supporting this material? see who is in the band and who isnt? hear how they transform these songs into an 8 peice live setting? like will axl be able to pull off scraped live? will they be able to put a good performance of TWAT? the chance at finally hearing catcher live? the solo performance of Axl doing TIL at his piano?

think about it...ride out 3 years on touring and releaseing the rst ofthe CD era material...2012 comes around and the HOF induction possiblity?

there is so much to look forward too and i'm just not willing to push Axl to the curb yet, he's presevered through the past 10 years and we finally got this new material...lets enjoy it and not discredit it 17

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I agree that it is too early to label this a complete failure. I think the second week sales will give us more of an indication as to where the album is going. I also think Axlin08 is correct that this isn't 1987 and I think it's very unlikely this album will be a grower. Better might give it a shot in the arm, but outside of Better there aren't any radio friendly hits on the album. Even if there was this is a completely different musical climate and people generally don't buy albums for one or two songs. Many people have already checked out CD through Myspace and the torrent sites. I am not sure one or two songs being released to radio is going to be enough to convince them to spend $12 on it when listening to the whole album wasn't enough.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

you are a bit confused at times eh?

one minute you are a huge supporter and next you cry doomsday ... whats up with that anyway hmm

I'm like Axl. 22

Board footer