You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Thoughts On "Excuses"

Neemo wrote:

i had a theory before he was brought on board that part of the negotiations to put out CD was for GnR to have a proper management team in place first...now that the album is out is management still needed? perhaps the long standing rumor about gnr's recording contract was that there was 3 albums left of orig material....though it remains to be seen how true that was or what the CD negotiations churned out as far as a recording deal

Sky Dog wrote:
downliner wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm sure they'll go all "Oh My God" on us, and start talking about how these were not the finished intended versions approved by Axl, the album was rushed, it's Azoff/Gould's fault, Best Buy mishandled promotion, the fault of the downloading mother fuckers... blah blah blah.

I believe this isn't how Axl intended for the album to be released. He must surely have realised he'd missed his window of opportunity, both with the 2000 lineup and again the '06 buildup. The music industry has changed so dramatically and Axls found himself without his first choice of band.

In my opinion Axls tired of the whole ordeal; much like a good percentage of the fanbase have been feeling. Instead of celebrating the release there are a number of die-hard fans who simply wanted closure, release the damn album and let's all move on. Axls failure to promote this album shows he's lost interest, he had no desire to drag this out any further by touring/re-recording; and so he called in new management who in their half-assed corporate ways bundled together a collection of songs, 11 of 14 we'd already heard and sold this version of "Chinese Democracy" as an exclusive to the highest bidder ~ Best Buy.

Axl has wiped the debt to his label in the process. Whilst Azoff will try his best to force Axls hand into a reunion I think its a safe bet that Axl will simply fire Azoff and return to his studio.

If anyone gets blamed I think it will be Azoff. Axl knows full well that Azoff will be thinking "reunion dollars", may as well play along with his wishful thinking if it means he'll clear the debt to the label. Now that he's done so Axl doesn't need him, if he wanted a reunion all he'd have to do is call Izzy and tell him to round up the troops.

I may not like the leeching "GNR family" Axl surrounds himself with but I won't underdemine Axls intelligence when it comes to business.

smile

the Priest has weighed in over at the Velvet Rope...Downliner is not far off....

"I'm not sure it's in the best interest of something cloaked and veiled in mystique for over a decade, to pull back the curtain and destroy all of that mythical anticipation by streaming the fucking thing on MySpace to the tune of millions of play.
Fuck's up the wet dream, no?

Add to that the total mediocrity of it and you have a potential problem.

Of course it will limp to platinum or so here and Axl is the second coming in most countries across the globe, so sales outside of the US will be robust.

Gary Arnold took in 1.5 mm for BB on a one way at 8 or 9 dollars a clip, so that helps tremendously towards the P&L.
Bravo Irving on that one.

Now the real question is can Irving convince the boys to have a reunion?
Now THAT is where the money is and that is the end game.
Knowing Axl, the sulking period will be very long on the limp CD reception, so we have to wait a bit.
Unless of course, he does his usual and fires Front Line.

16 The man knows his stuff...trust me.:|

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

There's no need for excuses here.  It did fine and the album is good.  The writing is on the wall though to get better numbers.  And it is written in very big letters.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I do agree Axl's tired of the whole ordeal, but Irving Azoff was not brought in to "just drop an album in stores". Irving Azoff was brought in for the big score.

Now that might just be me seeing what I want to see, but I seriously don't see THAT kind of managment on board, just for CD. CD from day one has had an overwhelming feeling of "just get it in stores, get it out of the fucking way, and let's move on".

They all know CD has to be released, before the train wheels at reunion station can start moving. I also don't think it's any coincidence that VR have just "given up" looking for a lead singer, and are walking away. Nah, tells me they're keeping their schedule open, and remaining patient.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

You like to have me
Jump and be good
But I ...
Don't want to do it

You don't know why
I won't act the way
You think I should

You thought they'd make me
Behave and submit (submit)

What were you thinking
Cause I don't forget

You don't know why
I won't give in
To hell with the pressure
I'm not cavin' in

You know that I
Got under your skin
You sold your soul
But I won't let you win

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You like to have me
Jump and be good
But I ...
Don't want to do it

You don't know why
I won't act the way
You think I should

You thought they'd make me
Behave and submit (submit)

What were you thinking
Cause I don't forget

You don't know why
I won't give in
To hell with the pressure
I'm not cavin' in

You know that I
Got under your skin
You sold your soul
But I won't let you win

He didn't let them win.  He did release CD and it is better than anything that the other GNR members did since they left.  Now we can all move on.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well Axl has an eery way of livign out his songs...look at estranged, 4 years after recording it he claims that that song is the soundtrack of his life as Steph and Dylan leave him...it was initially written about erin everly i beleive

If axl doesnt want a reunion its not gonna happen...and Slash specifially said some of the things he was after in a reunion in his biography...I'm telling you those 2 are way too far apart at the moment to collaborate on anything IMO..based on interviews with Slash and the attitudes of Del and Beta

as for Sorry...i'm of the opinion that its not about slash

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well Axl has an eery way of livign out his songs...look at estranged, 4 years after recording it he claims that that song is the soundtrack of his life as Steph and Dylan leave him...it was initially written about erin everly i beleive

If axl doesnt want a reunion its not gonna happen...and Slash specifially said some of the things he was after in a reunion in his biography...I'm telling you those 2 are way too far apart at the moment to collaborate on anything IMO..based on interviews with Slash and the attitudes of Del and Beta

Who do you think Sorry is about Neemo?  And for the reunion.  Like I said in the firsrt week cart thread.  If Axl wants his spot on top again, there's only one road to get there and well....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That doesn't mean they can't just tour on the back catalog. Axl's been doing that anyway since 2001. At least this time, you'd actually have the men that were involved in the original production.

I've never understood the anti-reunion logic in, "well Axl doesn't want to record with them". Umm, so fucking what? Axl just released his first album since TSI in '93! He obviously isn't in any kind of hurry with studio material. He also could just release his work as solo work, and most of the ballads on CD, are Illusion ballads. Most likely, you throw some redone guitars, bass & drums on them, and you've got at least two full albums worth of 'old GNR' material.

All they've got to come up with is some rockers. Let Slash & Izzy go, throw a punk song on their by Duff, and bam, you've got a couple new classic-GN'R albums, and Axl didn't have to lift a finger, other than signing on the dotted line. The vocals are already done.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

who says he wants to be on top again?

as for Sorry...dunno...Goldstein? Iovine? Merck? Zutaut? its definately an FU to authority IMO

Board footer