You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Thoughts On "Excuses"

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

who says he wants to be on top again?

as for Sorry...dunno...Goldstein? Iovine? Merck? Zutaut? its definately an FU to authority IMO

Oh you have a point there.  While everyone seems to think that CD tanked.  I think that by today's standards it did good numbers.  Is it possible that the fans expectations were too high on every level?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That doesn't mean they can't just tour on the back catalog. Axl's been doing that anyway since 2001. At least this time, you'd actually have the men that were involved in the original production.

I've never understood the anti-reunion logic in, "well Axl doesn't want to record with them". Umm, so fucking what? Axl just released his first album since TSI in '93! He obviously isn't in any kind of hurry with studio material. He also could just release his work as studio work, and most of the ballads on CD, are Illusion ballads. Most likely, you throw some redone guitars, bass & drums on them, and you've got at least two full albums worth of 'old GNR' material.

All they've got to come up with is some rockers. Let Slash & Izzy go, throw a punk song on their by Duff, and bam, you've got a couple new classic-GN'R albums, and Axl didn't have to lift a finger, other than signing on the dotted line. The vocals are already done.

dude in all honesty you dont know what youre talking about 16

a reunion will never happen until these guys put the bad shit behind them...based on the animosity toward Slash from Beta and Del all ya gotta do is read between the lines

Look back at Slash's frustrations with GnR at teh time he left....from a recording standpoint that shit carried on throughout the entire recording process of CD!! look at them being at odds with gilby and tobias, look at the way both approach writing albums, look at Slash's recent dumping of weiland in VR for not being reliable while on tour....i'm tellin ya that from my standpoint i see absolutely no reason to expect a reunion at this time,....and on top of that Axl jsut released his album which doesnt resesmble orig gnr in any shape or form....

its not so easy as just having slash, duff and izzy record some shit with existing vocals..i cant beleive you even suggested that after knowing the history of axl's recording style

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Is it time to call the game over for the album? I'm betting today racked up some numbers, the single will lure more buyers, and it could have a slow build/burn to platinum status. Stranger things have happened.

Sky Dog wrote:

Izzy has buried the hatchet......Slash...no.

Sky Dog wrote:
R.B. Huckleberry wrote:

Is it time to call the game over for the album? I'm betting today racked up some numbers, the single will lure more buyers, and it could have a slow build/burn to platinum status. Stranger things have happened.

I am thinking that 5 days out, the record is dead. Really. It's over in 5 days. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That doesn't mean they can't just tour on the back catalog. Axl's been doing that anyway since 2001. At least this time, you'd actually have the men that were involved in the original production.

I've never understood the anti-reunion logic in, "well Axl doesn't want to record with them". Umm, so fucking what? Axl just released his first album since TSI in '93! He obviously isn't in any kind of hurry with studio material. He also could just release his work as studio work, and most of the ballads on CD, are Illusion ballads. Most likely, you throw some redone guitars, bass & drums on them, and you've got at least two full albums worth of 'old GNR' material.

All they've got to come up with is some rockers. Let Slash & Izzy go, throw a punk song on their by Duff, and bam, you've got a couple new classic-GN'R albums, and Axl didn't have to lift a finger, other than signing on the dotted line. The vocals are already done.

a reunion will never happen until these guys put the bad shit behind them...based on the animosity toward Slash from Beta and Del all ya gotta do is read between the lines

Look back at Slash's frustrations with GnR at teh time he left....from a recording standpoint that shit carried on throughout the entire recording process of CD!! look at them being at odds with gilby and tobias, look at the way both approach writing albums, look at Slash's recent dumping of weiland in VR for not being reliable while on tour....i'm tellin ya that from my standpoint i see absolutely no reason to expect a reunion at this time,....and on top of that Axl jsut released his album which doesnt resesmble orig gnr in any shape or form....

its not so easy as just having slash, duff and izzy record some shit with existing vocals..i cant beleive you even suggested that after knowing the history of axl's recording style

Axl's gona be seeing things differently, real soon.

Oh, and money can buy anything, and anybody, at anytime. 22

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl's gona be seeing things differently, real soon.

Oh, and money can buy anything, and anybody, at anytime. 22

Million Dollar man Ted Dibiase?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

GNR's new management

1371037031.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ha Ha!

Money, money, money, moneeeeee-eeeeee-yyyyyyy

I have to agree with Neemo that a reunion wont happen anytime soon. But along with the other mentioned obsticales (Beta, Del...) I'd throw Perla into that, too.

Now that would be a train wreck no amount of money could fix.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

everybody's got a price

sww0.jpg

Board footer