You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Gene Simmons lashes out at Axl Rose

James wrote:

Having recently completed a 30-plus-date European tour, Kiss will "eventually when we're ready tour America," co-founder Gene Simmons said during a keynote address today (Nov. 20) at the fifth annual Billboard Touring Conference, held at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York.

Referring to Kiss as the "juggernaut of all rock'n'roll brands," Simmons said the band is currently working out future tour details. "We've been talking with [manager Doc McGhee] about Europe and then doing a year-long tour maybe this coming summer, but we'll see," Simmons said. "Kiss and Queen, that would be a smash. That would kill. So far (it's) 50/50."

During the address, Simmons, who is also a reality TV star and entrepreneur, stressed the duties of being a live performer. "I don't care if you're Axl Rose, forgot to tie your shoelaces or your father molested you when you were three -- you're a bitch if you don't show up onstage when it says 9 o'clock," he said, drawing loud applause from the audience.

"You need to have the integrity and self-respect to respect the promoter who paid you the money in advance, the hall and the people who makes all our lives possible," he continued.

Speaking to an audience of primarily concert promoters, venue officials and booking agents, Simmons warned those in the live entertainment industry that it wouldn't be wise to lower concert ticket prices. "Don't do that, you're training an entire generation of people to pay less for something and then more for something else," he said. "They won't know what the value is and they'd rather pay less every time."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/ … 1003895376

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I agree with him but it's a pretty tasteless to bring up Axl's childhood. That's totally uncalled for.

In some fucked up way he's right about ticket prices too.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I find it tasteless to whore out the image and music of a band for the sake of making a buck.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Oh snap.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I find it tasteless to whore out the image and music of a band for the sake of making a buck.

Yeah I'm not too fond of the way Kiss has milked its legacy either. However, they've always been like that. It just sticks out more now that their creative peak is long over.

When I was a kid, I had a Kiss lunch box. On Halloween I would dress up as Gene Simmons. Now its reality shows, Kiss coffins,etc.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but Gene has never tried to be anything else. Kiss has been a brand and a business since day one. It isn't like he just started that once their career hit its downslide.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl is an odd bird...simple as that....for good and bad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl just met his match.

Simmons would crush Axl on his cheese sandwich snack break.

And Gene is right. Although it is a bit unclassy for him to make the molestation crack.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'll kick your ass with my demon boots like i said that i would

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl just met his match.

Simmons would crush Axl on his cheese sandwich snack break.

And Gene is right. Although it is a bit unclassy for him to make the molestation crack.

True.  The molestation remark is extremely uncalled for.  The rest I have to agree with Gene Simmons.  And saying that hurts way more than anyone can imagine.  *lol*

Board footer