You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

Re: Gene Simmons lashes out at Axl Rose

dr_love6977 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Simmons would crush Axl on his cheese sandwich snack break.

At what? Doing taxes?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

i agree - most overrated band ever

and to whoever said that gene is a better business man than axl, i totally disagree - kiss is a circus band who now makes money off of pinball games, toy figurines, and reality shows (i counted that for argument's sake since gene is the subject of the thread and in the show).

all axl sells is his music and it is far better than kiss's

it may be by design but any average fourth grader could have come up with this business plan. simple and cheesy songs, stupid makeup on stage, and a lot of luck is the not-so-secret to their success.

so if selling video games and toys makes you a great business man. there are millions of young people wasting their money on college every day.

the fact that a man that looks like gene can get any woman he wants is pure genious alone 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Ahhh, my two favorite bands, GNR and KISS.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
war wrote:

i agree - most overrated band ever

and to whoever said that gene is a better business man than axl, i totally disagree - kiss is a circus band who now makes money off of pinball games, toy figurines, and reality shows (i counted that for argument's sake since gene is the subject of the thread and in the show).

all axl sells is his music and it is far better than kiss's

it may be by design but any average fourth grader could have come up with this business plan. simple and cheesy songs, stupid makeup on stage, and a lot of luck is the not-so-secret to their success.

so if selling video games and toys makes you a great business man. there are millions of young people wasting their money on college every day.

U have got to be shitting me?

So if its so easy, how come no other band has done it?  I'll give you GNR music being more deep and complex but Gene has more business savvy in his pinky finger than Axl.

Are u even going to try and argue that? I know we are all fans of Axl but please, thats dumber than people over at HTGTH saying Axl is the modern day Mozart.

Kiss have been a touring sensation for over 30 years. Axl's last few tours were lukewarm and half empty arenas.

Gene has always sold Kiss as a product because he can and because he is smart.

Gene has 10 times the money axl does, I guarantee it.

I read that statement last week,I'm surprised no one said anything about it then,but he does have a point,I'm not saying it's cool what he said about Axl's childhood tho.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

What prompted this?    Does he think that GNR is some threat in some way to say such things to concert promoters, venue officials and so on.

I'll tell you what prompted it...Gene's gigantic ego has been hurt by the fact that Axl has done nothing in 15 years and is going to sell more records than his last album did.

Any time any attention could be taken away from these guys...they will say something that puts them right back in front of our faces.

If you were about to tour in the US and had to compete with GN'R in the coming months, wouldn't you feel a little pressure?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

What prompted this?    Does he think that GNR is some threat in some way to say such things to concert promoters, venue officials and so on.

I'll tell you what prompted it...Gene's gigantic ego has been hurt by the fact that Axl has done nothing in 15 years and is going to sell more records than his last album did.

Any time any attention could be taken away from these guys...they will say something that puts them right back in front of our faces.

If you were about to tour in the US and had to compete with GN'R in the coming months, wouldn't you feel a little pressure?

Kiss have never and will never have problems selling tickets. So I seriously doubt Gene feels threatened by anyone. U don't know Gene if you think he feels threatened.

I saw Kiss back in 2000 and Paul Stanley back then was talking from the stage about bands who cheat their fans by not giving their all and that come on super late etc.

Kiss have always been a band by the people and for the people and they give everything they have to earn the fans money. So I am not shocked that they would mention other bands who treat their fans like shit.

Im not sure he was referring to Axl in particular on the molestation comment. I think he was separating the three, saying u shouldn't do it whether u are Axl, whether your shoes are untied or you were molested at 3.
I dont think he was saying Axl was molested at 3.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah they give anything for that money even their souls. I have little respect for Gene Simmons the person.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Simmons would crush Axl on his cheese sandwich snack break.

At what? Doing taxes?

Simmons could buy Axl. 22

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

only because of the morons who bought his action figure..
i dont mind gene, he was ok in rock school way back when, ive not seen his latest reality show tho, but its just a reality "look at me im an attention whore" show..same as any other
Im no fan of Kiss either.. they do absolutely nothing for me.nothing shouts out, vocals, guitar, nothing.
sure there are a few "singles" that i wouldnt turn off if i hear them
With their transgender comic book character pseudo alter "EGO`S", the act doesnt impress me.  Im sure back in 1908 when metal wasnt heard of they were cool, but the stakes have raised since.
"Flame on"...

Board footer