You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

NY Giants82 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Was Best Buy the let down or was Axl? It's hard to go all out for an album when the artist who recorded it doesn't show any interest.

Thats true, but you would have thought regardless, it was in Best Buy's interest to promote the hell out of this thing. I've seen lots of Best Buy ads on tv lately. Would have thought they would have thrown some out there with CD featured in it.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Was Best Buy the let down or was Axl? It's hard to go all out for an album when the artist who recorded it doesn't show any interest.

Thats true, but you would have thought regardless, it was in Best Buy's interest to promote the hell out of this thing. I've seen lots of Best Buy ads on tv lately. Would have thought they would have thrown some out there with CD featured in it.

I guess they figured sinking a ton of money into promotion wasn't going to be worth it in the end.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The guy at Wal-Mart is wrong. They still only stock censored CD's. At least in my area.

Speaking of which, I walked through Wal-Mart today, and there was AC/DC shit EVERYWHERE. Even now.

Greatest marketing Campaign I have ever seen for an album.  Even in the clothes section the stuff is everywhere.  Hell, I bought two older AC/DC albums because of it.  "If you want blood you got it" and "High Voltage".....  $7 each.  They had some really cool t-shirts and hats too.  GNR and thier protion = FAIL.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The guy at Wal-Mart is wrong. They still only stock censored CD's. At least in my area.

Speaking of which, I walked through Wal-Mart today, and there was AC/DC shit EVERYWHERE. Even now.

Greatest marketing Campaign I have ever seen for an album.  Even in the clothes section the stuff is everywhere.  Hell, I bought two older AC/DC albums because of it.  "If you want blood you got it" and "High Voltage".....  $7 each.  They had some really cool t-shirts and hats too.  GNR and thier protion = FAIL.

Absolutely. Hell, I bought an AC/DC collar and chew toy for my dog there!

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

One just wonders, if something happened during the month leading up to the release which led Best Buy to drastically cut back on their promotion--either internally with their sliding sales #'s, or due to something that GNR did, or failed to do?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Perhaps the BB deal front loaded money for Universal and left Axl nearly empty handed.

Would he promote to simply make the label money? or scuttle the album and release the second album himself?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't know if its a complete flop. Time can only tell that. I do know it's a first week flop. Guess first impressions didn't take to fans. It seems like there isn't any real excitement now. In the weeks leading up to the release I was a lot more excited and I noticed other people were and radio was all over it and websites and a few TV spots and references. Then it seems as of now when the average person finally heard the material the excitement seemed to have faded away. And believe me I want to eat my words but it's not how I'm seeing it pan out.

With the album only being at one location. That can cause sales to be less than desired. Internet shopping was popular this past black friday weekend and they could have ordered it online or could have preordered it in advance. I might be jumping the gun but if people really want this album then December should see a spike in sales. With all the holidays and what not it would be the right time. Axl coming out from hiding wouldn't hurt that either.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

That's debatable but I'll just drop it. Not meant for anything but a joke my dude. 5

Mandy Moore eh? Girl girl type.. I can see that. If not Spears it would be Christina in the dirty video.. I would get dirty with her and not wash up for days. 16

Gettin a little off topic but damn.. Good old pop princesses can do that to a man.

Christina in the Dirty video, now that's what i'm talking about.

And Miley Cyrus when she turns 18.  Sure her music blows, and she's what 15?- but her body is not that young.  11

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but here's something we can all agree on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaej4Wjkj1Q

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hmm, very good point killingvector. Never looked at it that way. Everyone knows, if Axl is getting 'lucky', he'll just be breaking even on this record. Why go out there and bust his ass promoting the album, when the label & BB can do it for him.

Of course if he was actually an artist, and had pride in his work.... well, nevermind.

Board footer