You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

Bono wrote:

"Who gives a shit about sales? I certainly don't. The album is out and I like the album. That's all that matters"

^^ Thats' just a  generalized quote suming up many comments made by numerous people. Funny thing is it looks as though EVERYONE cares about sles. This thread is 24 pages long 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I feel like a broken record saying this over and over and over

SALES MATTER

If CD flops, do u think we will get another CD from Axl who barely released this one? He will go back into hiding forever if this flops.

That is why it MATTERS

U have the CD, I am happy for u. for us to have future CDS and to have Axl around, this CD needs to validate him.

Bono

Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
Bono wrote:

here's a quote form some person commenting on Prostitute on youtube.

"Take the vocal track away and you have background music for a car commercial. That's a very tight and commercially viable sound. Excellent new corporate rock album. I can't wait to see what lousy commercials this album ends up in. Dig that party beat."

16 Not sure if thats' good or bad. I  personally like Prostitute by the way. Top 3 on the album.

I can't say completely agree with this person's accessment of except for one thing, it is commercial, which is why I think it would be radio friendly.

We are quoting random posters on YouTube now?:rolleyes:

What's the problem with that. No different than quoting random posters from other Gn'R sites. No different than quoting a radnom friend of mine in real life. Oh do tell Killingvector what is an acceptable quote in your hollier than thou opinion? Piss off loser.  It was in relation to DTJ mentioning Prostitute as a single. I saw the post on youtube and thought it was kinda funny and relevant. But I get how you'd rather find something, anything about my post to bitch about rather than discuss the actuall topic and relevance of it.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

I feel like a broken record saying this over and over and over

SALES MATTER

If CD flops, do u think we will get another CD from Axl who barely released this one? He will go back into hiding forever if this flops.

That is why it MATTERS

U have the CD, I am happy for u. for us to have future CDS and to have Axl around, this CD needs to validate him.

Yeah, not to mention a second CD wouldn't do as well the next time around unless they can come up with a huge radio hit. It might see the falloff that VR saw with Libertad.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

What's the problem with that. No different than quoting random posters from other Gn'R sites. No different than quoting a radnom friend of mine in real life. Oh do tell Killingvector what is an acceptable quote in your hollier than thou opinion? Piss off loser.  It was in relation to DTJ mentioning Prostitute as a single. I saw the post on youtube and thought it was kinda funny and relevant.

Youtube is basically a troll factory. I don't think its a great sampling of the public. It COULD be, but the troll infestation prevents that.

Piss off loser.

C'mon Bono. You know better than that.

Bono

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

What's the problem with that. No different than quoting random posters from other Gn'R sites. No different than quoting a radnom friend of mine in real life. Oh do tell Killingvector what is an acceptable quote in your hollier than thou opinion? Piss off loser.  It was in relation to DTJ mentioning Prostitute as a single. I saw the post on youtube and thought it was kinda funny and relevant.

Youtube is basically a troll factory. I don't think its a great sampling of the public. It COULD be, but the troll infestation prevents that.

Piss off loser.

C'mon Bono. You know better than that.

I'm sorry but a guy who follows my every post for the last week and responds to everything and anything they deem negative in their own little mind is a.... well let's move on.

I post on youtube here and there. I don't find all of the people who do so to be trolls. The post was relevant. KV can't comprehend that so oh well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm sorry but a guy who follows my every post for the last week.

maybe you guys need to ignore each other for a little while 16 19

i thought the quote from utube was pretty funny...was even thinking of starting a thread based on it tbh....

name a product which every CD song could be used to sell

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

SALES MATTER

That is why it MATTERS

Dude, I waited 17 years for this album. By no means am I going to continue anticipating another GnR album. I'm 35, I snuck Chinese Democracy into my late adolescence/early adulthood era. I'm grown up now, there is no more "waiting for the next album" for me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

^
I feel ya

I was 12 when i bought UYI's. I am now damn near 30 buying CD. haha!

Also, Universal have a profit right now.

No use in them wasting that profit promoting an album in the US that they aren't gonna make anymore money off of. they are doing the bare minimum just so Best Buy can't say they didn't hold up their end.

If I were a Best Buy stockholder. Id be enraged.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not since Michael Jackson’s ‘Invincible’ has an unlimited cash-flow black-hole like ‘Chinese Democracy’ tanked so bad.

Ouch. That's a swift kick in the balls.

And now, the finger-pointing will begin.

The big question that is already being asked behind closed doors is who fucked it up?

W. Axl Rose (fucking it up since 1994)

Everyone involved with this Rock n’ Roll Titanic will be scrambling for a life-boat.

Yeah, except the members, which I think is truely the happiest moment of all. Everyone involved with this 'roster' of GN'R, are talented, friendly, and the best part of the whole process. Everyone is happy, which is truely touching. I don't know what Paul is doing, but Robin is with NIN, Bucket's still Bucket and kickin' ass, Richard is with Rihanna, Tommy is with Soul Asylum, Brain will always find work, Frank got a chance to be apart of a big fuckin' rock band like the KISS fan he is, Dizzy is working on a solo album, and Chris has got Sex Tapes.

It's looking more and more like Irving Azoff was brought in for damage control, and to set up the reunion. Irving came in, and minimalized the financial impact on both Axl, GN'R the business entity & UMG. Irving Azoff is  the hot shot relief pitcher brought in in the 8th after 4 runs have been given up, and tries to keep the other team at bay.

Maybe that was why Axl held up all those years, and ain't talking. He forsaw this, because of his own screw ups. He knew he had to wait for the right deal, or other wise he'd fuck himself and the label.

Did it tank because of the Kevin Cogill, the guy who leaked the downloads?

Who?

That guy means nothing to this situation.

Did it tank because of Best Buy, the exclusive retailer for the album in the US?

10% of the problem.

Did it tank because of Axl taking too long to put it out?

80% of the problem.

Did it tank because Axl didn't do any publicity for it?

10% of the problem.

Did it tank because it just isn’t very good

Hell no. It's probably the best GN'R album since AFD.

Board footer