You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Chinese Democracy UNDER 300,000 copies sold first week?

Bono wrote:
killingvector wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I can't say completely agree with this person's accessment of except for one thing, it is commercial, which is why I think it would be radio friendly.

We are quoting random posters on YouTube now?:rolleyes:

What's the problem with that. No different than quoting random posters from other Gn'R sites. No different than quoting a radnom friend of mine in real life. Oh do tell Killingvector what is an acceptable quote in your hollier than thou opinion? Piss off loser.  It was in relation to DTJ mentioning Prostitute as a single. I saw the post on youtube and thought it was kinda funny and relevant. But I get how you'd rather find something, anything about my post to bitch about rather than discuss the actuall topic and relevance of it.

Because youtube posters are arbitrary. There are haters on every board. For example, one velvet rope poster felt that Axl should have included more flushing sounds on Chinese Democracy... What's the point of propagandizing a point of view which is indefensible by virtue of the person's absence in defending it?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

What's the problem with that. No different than quoting random posters from other Gn'R sites. No different than quoting a radnom friend of mine in real life. Oh do tell Killingvector what is an acceptable quote in your hollier than thou opinion? Piss off loser.  It was in relation to DTJ mentioning Prostitute as a single. I saw the post on youtube and thought it was kinda funny and relevant.

Youtube is basically a troll factory. I don't think its a great sampling of the public. It COULD be, but the troll infestation prevents that.

Piss off loser.

C'mon Bono. You know better than that.

I'm sorry but a guy who follows my every post for the last week and responds to everything and anything they deem negative in their own little mind is a.... well let's move on.

I post on youtube here and there. I don't find all of the people who do so to be trolls. The post was relevant. KV can't comprehend that so oh well.

please finish your thought about my 'little mind'....

I seem to recall asking everyone to have a little patience and an open mind while you have been preaching doom and destruction based on your judgment of the album and its first week sales.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am quite certain that Uni has wiped their hands clean with Gnr, Chinese Democracy etc. Jimmy seemed very pleased in his recent interview with Billboard. The Best Buy deal got them what they wanted. Anything else is gravy......Best Buy is the one who needs to be worried because it was a one way deal.:nervous:

That probably plays a big role in the band(and label) seeming to not give a shit about this. They already cashed their checks so the label sinking money into it or GNR promoting it themselves just isn't a priority for them.

But don't forget that the Best Buy exclusive is only in the USA...
Axl and Universal probably made a good deal with BB, but is that enough to amortize a $14 million album ?
I doubt it.

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ … 33d832b363

overall, doing pretty well in Europe.

'Chinese Democracy' Fires GNR To Euro Albums Summit
December 04, 2008 - Global | Rock and Pop

By Paul Sexton, London

Guns N' Roses soars to the top of the new European Top 100 Albums survey with "Chinese Democracy" (Black Frog/Geffen/Universal), as Beyoncé's "If I Were A Boy" (Columbia/Sony BMG) starts a second week at No. 1 on Eurochart Hot 100 Singles.

"Democracy" races 36-1 after making a series of notable debuts in European markets. That includes only one No. 1 debut, in Switzerland, but the album secures a second week at the helm in Finland and debuts at No.2 in the United Kingdom (on 119,000 sales) and Germany, No. 3 in Italy, Austria and Ireland, No. 4 in Holland, Sweden and Hungary and No. 9 in Portugal. The comeback release also climbs 5-2 in Norway and 26-10 in France.

The Killers' third studio album "Day & Age" (Def Jam/Universal Island) arrives at No. 2 overall, missing the top spot despite a bestselling debut in the United Kingdom on robust sales of 200,000. The new title hits No. 1 in Norway and Ireland, No. 4 in Switzerland and No. 8 in Germany. The Killers' previous studio set "Sam's Town" also started at No. 2 on the composite survey, in October 2006.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'll be interested to see where CD charts this next week in the UK, I think it'll be down to 4th or 5th at best.

Early reports say Take That are outselling their rivals 5:1 so that's no.1 without question. Apparently Britneys currently 3rd, I'm not sure what's second, if it's Killers then GNR is 4th or worse this week. I don't see Killers being no.1 last week then dropping down to 4th while GNR get no.2 and then remain at 2 for this next week. If no.2 is neither Killers or GNR then CD could be 5th or lower this next week.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Early reports had GNR falling out of the top 5 in the UK for week two. Good to see it gaining some ground in Europe though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

By Paul Sexton, London

Guns N' Roses soars to the top of the new European Top 100 Albums survey with "Chinese Democracy" (Black Frog/Geffen/Universal), as Beyoncé's "If I Were A Boy" (Columbia/Sony BMG) starts a second week at No. 1 on Eurochart Hot 100 Singles.

"Democracy" races 36-1 after making a series of notable debuts in European markets. That includes only one No. 1 debut, in Switzerland, but the album secures a second week at the helm in Finland and debuts at No.2 in the United Kingdom (on 119,000 sales) and Germany, No. 3 in Italy, Austria and Ireland, No. 4 in Holland, Sweden and Hungary and No. 9 in Portugal. The comeback release also climbs 5-2 in Norway and 26-10 in France.

The Killers' third studio album "Day & Age" (Def Jam/Universal Island) arrives at No. 2 overall, missing the top spot despite a bestselling debut in the United Kingdom on robust sales of 200,000. The new title hits No. 1 in Norway and Ireland, No. 4 in Switzerland and No. 8 in Germany. The Killers' previous studio set "Sam's Town" also started at No. 2 on the composite survey, in October 2006.

I may have to move abroad.  The US has no idea what good music is anymore.  It's sad really.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

People are starting to come around in Norway. Now the reviews read something like "actually, it's not bad at all" "after listening a couple of more times this is really good".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

By Paul Sexton, London

I may have to move abroad.  The US has no idea what good music is anymore.  It's sad really.

Music means nothing to this generation of Americans. It's all about video games.

Music is an afterthought, they just pop it in or download it, and forget it, thus the reason cats like Kanye West, Lil' Wayne, Hinder & Nickelback are such success stories.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Any HitsDailyDouble estimates for this weeks sales yet?

Board footer