You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

bigbri wrote:

The leaked plot details first made it sound like TFA would be a story of the search for Luke. Imagine if it were like Raiders, with everyone trying to piece together hints about where he was and trying to be the first to reach him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes, and they teased that for months on end, so much to the point I thought It was basically "Star Wars Episode VII: The Search for Luke" in the same way that it was "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock".

Althought Star Trek III certainly is not a great or bad film, there's much more Spock (with amnesia) in it, and Nimoy still has a place.

Hamill is the most talked about, important character in Episode VII and he doesn't even have one fucking line. 16

I've heard more Hamill playing Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4, than Star Wars VII. Seems counter-balanced, lol. 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I just watched it.

It was fucking terrible. I knew from the opening scroll that looked to be fan fiction from a 7th grader it was going to be bad.

Just awful.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I saw a Dr. Who advertisement from 2014 the other day, and for a good while I thought I was watching the trailer for Rogue One.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So who watched rogue one?

I saw it twice...the weekend it came out then again during the opening week

I really enjoyed it ... tho I didn't see then point of the blind dude

Krennic was a good character...I like that actor...he also plays in bloodline on netflix

misterID

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Krennic was a good character...I like that actor...he also plays in bloodline on netflix

I didn't see it, but do you think Jyn Erso is Rey's mother? If Luke isn't her father it'll be the biggest swerve ever.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I saw it. I liked it alot. Only complaint I found was I felt the character development was a bit lacking, mostly early on.  I didn't really feel much for either two during it, or "root" for them the same way. I felt the same for Poe was it, the 'greatest pilot in the universe' from TFA.

Forrest Whitakers character was unneccesary. He definitely ended up with alot on the editing room floor. I heard tho they previewed it in the summer and reviews weren't very favorable so they did some reshoots, so I imagine thats why some characters were a mish-mosh. Originally they were likely intended to have bigger parts, but were written out.

I would've been ok with more tie fighter/xwing scenes. It was good nonetheless. The J-9 droid was great, not as good as BB8 but good.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I didn't see it, but do you think Jyn Erso is Rey's mother? If Luke isn't her father it'll be the biggest swerve ever.

You should see it, but without spoiling anything, that isn't possible.

I personally didn't care for it that much.  The Vader scenes were awesome and the last 20 minutes were good, but I thought the overall story was just weak.  I actually liked the blind dude, thought his abilities showed a different side of the force.  My biggest critique was that Jyn's father should have been a Jedi, and hunted down by Vader.  That's what Vader has been doing for 20 years, and we never see that on film.  Plus watching her father get butchered by Vader would actually be a good reason for her to hate the empire.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

My biggest critique was that Jyn's father should have been a Jedi, and hunted down by Vader.  That's what Vader has been doing for 20 years, and we never see that on film.

Yeah, it needed something like that. It was a bit too much of an "offshoot".

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You should see it, but without spoiling anything, that isn't possible.

I personally didn't care for it that much.  The Vader scenes were awesome and the last 20 minutes were good, but I thought the overall story was just weak.  I actually liked the blind dude, thought his abilities showed a different side of the force.  My biggest critique was that Jyn's father should have been a Jedi, and hunted down by Vader.  That's what Vader has been doing for 20 years, and we never see that on film.  Plus watching her father get butchered by Vader would actually be a good reason for her to hate the empire.

Ah, okay. Thanks. But there better be a good explanation for her parentage to explain how she could kick Kylo Ren's ass thirty seconds after figuring out how to turn on a lightsaber. Also, how she knew so much about the Falcon ten minutes after learning to fly it.

Board footer