You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Should've hired Matt Reeves instead, IMO.

Not familiar with him on a name basis, but good call. His imdb list looks thorough.  TBH tho I think Disney just made him do it to play it safe. After a near scare with Rogue One (They seemed nervous closer to its release, but fans love it), and the Hans Solo situation, and now this. Plus whatever the F they're messing up with ESPN they need monster hits out of Star Wars.

Do fans really love it?  I found it to be quite boring and hope they learn their lesson with Han Solo.  I think all 3 prequels were better than Rogue One.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I found most people dug it. When released all the early buzz was it was real good. I saw it a few days later, liked it. Everyone I know has had pretty much only good things to say.

The whole Forrest Whittaker part needed to be cut, and didn't make any sense. Plus, I think they reshot or recut it, so who know what the original version may have been (mess), but in the end it seemed to have worked out. Kinda like World War Z. Escaped a bomb by the skin of their teeth.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don't get me started on the Hispanic knock off Han Solo without the charm and the ridiculous no chemistry nonsensical love subplot and equally ridiculous climax. Loved the blind guy.

Randall Flagg

They've all but announced an Obi-Wan film with Ewan McGregor. I'm very excited for that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They're gonna overkill their audience with all these spinoffs. I know they have to strike while the iron's hot to make all that money back from buying Star Wars but damn.....

I would not risk a backlash in this environment.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They're gonna overkill their audience with all these spinoffs.

I kindof agree. On the other hand Disney is getting crushed with ESPN just failing, so they really do need to recoup where they can.  What'll they do after IX?   I guess a Next Generation type thing, just completely new, unrelated charaters. (ie. Not Skywalkers son etc, just like an entirely diff galaxy)

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Let's get it on!!

Although, can any mod turn off the *Spoilers Allowed* portion of the title?  I'm sure a few of us may not see it right away, then with the holidays etc..  Otherwise we could start a new thread.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Randall Flagg

I got tickets to see it at the imax tomorrow night.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Nice. I don't really do Imax, I'll think about it for this otherwise I'll def do it 3D. For TFA I saw it 3d the first time, well worth it. Then saw it a few weeks later just on a regular screen.

Randall Flagg

Yea, I’m a huge fan. So I’m seeing it imax 3D tomorrow and regular imax Saturday. I’ll see it at least once more a couple weeks later, maybe more.

They started doing reserved seats and I love it. No line waiting for me this year.

Board footer