You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: What if Scott Weiland was telling the truth?

Speaking of a reunion,I read on some music board (not a GN'R forum) that there is supposed to be a reunion with the lineup of Axl,Slash,Duff,Matt and Gilby,that'd be weird,ofcourse I never believe anything until it actually happends. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That'd be really weird imo to have a reunion of the UYI touring lineup, although i'd certaintly be on board.

Izzy recently said in an interview that if a reunion happened, he wanted to be involved. I highly doubt Gilby would be on board, unless it's a situation of big setup that involves the UYI touring lineup, with occasional special appearences by Izzy & Steven are select AFD & Lies songs.

Then again there was that rumor awhile back that Gilby was trying to get the old band back together from some gig in Vegas.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Axlin08 wrote:

Izzy recently said in an interview that if a reunion happened, he wanted to be involved. .

Are you talking about the Sun article or an actual quote? If the latter, then I must have missed it can you send me a link? Thanks

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

The Izzy quote should be taken with a grain of salt. The interview was conducted in English, translated to Spanish, and then re-translated back into English. The Sun' source is from the below interview, which then of course did the rounds online as being "fact". Ever heard of Chinese Whispers? 16 Heres the relevant quotes:

Thiago: I've heard that you stay in contact with all the original members of Guns n Roses. How is your relation to them?

Izzy: Slash, Duff, Matt and also Steven Adler, we all call each other on the phone from time to time, and sometimes we meet in LA or somewhere. We have a very good relation, we are still good friends.

Thiago: Steven Adler has spoken openly about his wish for a GnR reunion. Tell me what do you think about that and how is your relation to Steven?

Izzy: Steven lives a very messed up life

Thiago: But if the case would occur, would you consider a reunion as possible?

Izzy: Yes, of course. I wrote a big part of that material.

Source

The interesting part of the interview is where Izzy discusses why he didn't join Velvet Revolver ~ he didn't want to work with a problematic singer (The Sun obviously didn't read that part though).

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Granted Izzy doesn't like long-term commitments, but does anyone think that, just like 2006, a big part of his more 'Special Guest Star' role with GN'R, has to do with, he just doesn't trust Axl?

I would think it has passed. Those guys were breaking bread with each other in 2006.

Maybe Izzy doesn't consider Axl to be a problematic singer. That could be taken any way, in reference to Scott. Izzy might've been referring to a recurring drug abuser that's in and out of rehab. Something Axl's never been.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

what's wierd about that interview is that he doesn't mention axl as one of the people he is contact with. wouldn't he be in contact with axl due to touring with him in '06?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I do think that's weird, but more on Izzy's part.

Axl alluded that it's HARD to get ahold of Izzy. He's too nomadic and unpredictable. Even now. Yet at the same time, Izzy remains in contact with the other band members.

Maybe his friendship with Axl is a bit more personal, deep, and with baggage (because of their history), whereas the friendship with the others is much more casual.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Remember also when people jumped Scott's ass for saying he doubted CD would even go platinum?

Looks like Scott may be right on that also.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

Remember also when people jumped Scott's ass for saying he doubted CD would even go platinum?

Looks like Scott may be right on that also.

Yeah, and Weiland also said Libertad was just as good as any Stones record.

The album will go platinum. Fact. Its already half way to gold. Once Best Buy reduces the price to the usual $5.99, it will trickle out of their store.

When people rave on the success of GH they always forget a big part of those sales came courtesy of Best Buy lowering its price almost immediately. Not saying CD will compare to GH's sales, but it will experience a mild boost in sales at some point.

It wont reach those numbers at the top of the charts though. This will be one of those albums that quietly goes platinum.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I don't know dude.

Most albums decrease by 50 percent 2nd week and so on. If Better doesn't hit on the radio, this thing will be lucky to hit 800k

Board footer