You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Reason Axl Rose not promoting album?

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm broke... I don't even know what to say anymore.

I'm speechless. Not the final master, new packaging... good fucking God...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well

U guys can keep shitting on Slash all u want but his brand new band is gonna have more hits, more sells and a grammy

I think CD is an overall better album BUT Slash will win the war of the public/media opinion.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Agreed--but, it goes with the territory.  I mean, one has to take it with a grain of salt, once one is a star, they know they are an object on the message boards, more than a human.  Everyone here is here because they dig Axl and GNR, and is really just pontificating for entertainment--if Axl was here, and made it clear that he was visiting, people would immediately cut the crap, and treat him withrespect.  Maybe a little down to earth communication would eliminate some of the negative speculation.

Until then, I am truly amused and scratching my head at what seems, from the outside looking in, odd, obsessive behavior.  I guess, once they sold 1.5 million albums to Best Buy, though, they could care less how it was marketing.  UMG recouped their losses in one big swoop.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I guess, once they sold 1.5 million albums to Best Buy, though, they could care less how it was marketing.  UMG recouped their losses in one big swoop.

That's what most of us surmised long ago when the BB deal was announced. They made their money back, plus more maybe.

Makes sales even less important. (yeah, i know, i'm making excuses. i'm supposed to be off crying in the corner because CD isn't selling.)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I just posted what the guy said at the Velvet Rope a second ago.

"What is in the stores is not the "final" master approved by Axl.
He has changed it several times since then."

That's hilarious.

He's still working on it? 14

His hangers on need to give him the same advice they gave people who were waiting for this album.....

Stop living in the past.

Ok, so if Best Buy still has 1.3 million in stock, with no chance in hell of moving much more than 100K of this product, who in the world does Axl think is going to distribute this?

Best Buy will unload these for $5.99 each at some point. Maybe even cheaper. They do it with other discs.

Sky Dog wrote:

1.5 million at 9 a cd is $13,500,000 on a one way which means Geffen doesn't have to take them back. Go to Best Buy in a few months and you'll get it free with a purchase of a 19 inch TV.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Best Buy will unload these for $5.99 each at some point. Maybe even cheaper. They do it with other discs.

i guess we all shoulda waited 16

Sky Dog wrote:

James, see my other post, he may be doing another set with different packaging and a different master. Way insane and it has NOTHING to do with who surrounds him. Axl runs the show and Axl makes the decisions. Period.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

i guess we all shoulda waited 16

I am.;)

Board footer